• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to download any new apps

M

Mukesh Pursnani

Hi, i have samsung TAB which has a Android version of 4.2.2. I understand that its an old version of android hence its not allowing me any of the latest apps.I seeking help with upgrading the Android version or any other suitable suggestions if any.

Which apps won't it download? My tablet, running 5.1, has no problem with updates (except that it's so slow downloading them that it feels like it's running in geological time...)

I'd expect a 2014 device might have an android 5 update (my Note 10 (2014) got one). Have you tried checking manually for an update via the system update option in the settings? Otherwise you could look at Sammobile.com and see whether there is one (I think you use Odin to install this, but I'm not an expert in updating Samsungs).

I don't hink it likely there will be anything more recent than 5.1 for this device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones