• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon messages on galaxy watch

on your Galaxy Wear app on your phone, make sure that the app is connected to your watch. also make sure that the app is up to date. and lastly go to your Wear app and under watch settings make sure that you enable notifications for Messages.

also it is already on your watch. go to your watch and look under apps. on my s3 i rotate my bezel until the apps come up. i select the middle icon and then i can rotate the bezel again until the called Messages is selected. it will ask you if you want this as your default message app. select yes, and then you can start texting people on your watch.

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1315765/Samsung/SamsungR765A

Upvote 0
Is this "Verizon messages" something proprietary to Verizon only, or is it standard texting, SMS, or MMS service which just about all carriers have?

If it's the latter, then it should work with Samsung messages. I know Samsung message works with carriers' standard SMS and MMS services.

If the Verizon service is something proprietary, then they'd need to provide a supporting app for the Galaxy watches, which use Tizen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is this "Verizon messages" something proprietary to Verizon only, or is it standard texting, SMS, or MMS service which just about all carriers have?

If it's the latter, then it should work with Samsung messages. I know Samsung message works with carriers' standard SMS and MMS services.

If the Verizon service is something proprietary, then they'd need to provide a supporting app for the Galaxy watches, which use Tizen.

It works on all carriers, but I do not see the app on my watch

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones