• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Veterans Day 2021

Unforgiven

...eschew obfuscation...
Administrator
  • Jun 23, 2010
    Douglas, MA
    For all my fellow Vets on AF.
    48608407019a67143baffa70d9404524.jpg

my dad passed away some 20 years ago. he served in the Navy during the Korean War on a battleship. i can't remember what rank he was then, but he told me that he was one of the people who helped man the big guns on the boat.

unfortunately i can't see him today, but most likely this weekend i will come and visit.

to those who serve now or served in the past, i want to give my thanks and respect.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    My heart felt thanks to all who have and will serve to preserve this great nation. It is good that Armistice Day was expanded to what is now Veterans Day. All that have served deserve a day of honor. It should not be limited to a single day. My thanks are always extended to all in uniform daily. They serve so that we might enjoy.

Upvote 0
    Excellent thread!

Thanks to all our brave men and women who've served in the military. While some are bitching about this right or that right, or thinking their rights are being stolen, look at it like this: if not for our veterans, we'd likely be speaking Russian [or some other language] right now, living in bleak conditions, having no right to vote, no right to choose our own careers or where we live, etc. I, for one, am VERY grateful to live in this amazing country, protected by its awesome military. If you don't like it, you might want to hop on over to Siberia for contrast...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones