• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vivo 8 Speaker Issues

ngamradt

Lurker
Feb 6, 2018
I purchase a Vivo 8 around January 10th. Within about a day I noticed that the speaker at the bottom of the phone would just stop working. Once it stopped working, nothing I did would get it to start again until I did a reboot.

My 30 day return window was quickly closing so I sent it back, but not before ordering a second one so that I could move all of my MFA to the new phone, etc. I sent it back assuming that I probably just had a phone with a hardware issue.

The second Vivo 8 worked fine for two days, and now I am experiencing the same issues. It seems unlikely I would be having hardware speaker issues with two phones in a row. I am now starting to think that this is a software issue.

I called BLU support and they were useless, told me to do a hard reset and if that didn't work, to set the phone back for another replacement.

Has anyone else had this strange issue with the Vivo 8? It almost feels like the phone thinks it is sending sound to a different location or something. If I hook up headphones, everything is fine.

I have installed the same apps that I had on my old phone, and that phone never had these issues, so I don't think it is any of the apps that I generally use.

I have been a fan of BLU phones for years, this is honestly the first one to give me any real trouble. Maybe I have just gotten lucky in the past?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones