• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Watch 3 and Blood Pressure

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
I've only had the Samsung Watch 3 for a few days. I like the watch and enjoy the fitness aspects of the watch.
With the associated health app on my phone I can track my heart rate, take an ECG, measure stress, and track my blood oxygen level. All of that is cool. However, I'm supposed to be able to take my blood pressure. The app is not on my watch and I can't find it to download. It is clearly a unit tracked by the phone app. Watching videos and reading up on the blood pressure app on the watch, I should simply navigate to the app and start the test. It is not on the watch to launch. I've checked for a watch update but I'm on the latest and greatest. It's a US watch purchased from Samsung. Anyone have a clue what's up?

Upvote 0
It sounds like Samsung partnered with a third-party on the MyBP Lab 2.0 app to provide this capability. You'll need install that on your phone and then calibrate the watch's blood pressure reading off of a traditional BP cuff.
https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/measure-bp-on-samsung-watch/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sagebionetworks.research.bp

I'm really curious to hear how that works for you!
Thanks for the input. I installed such yesterday and found the BP sensor was pretty accurate. The BP lab is a case study that might work fine for some people. I personally found answering all of the test questions each time I took my BP to be a bigger hassle than it was worth. Participants in their study are not attached to their data which is good. Required to check one's BP twice a day is not a bad thing. But scrolling through the endless survey each time is a bit much for me. It's a sell out on Sammy's part IMO. I should not be required to be a lab rat to use a feature on my phone.
I deleted the apps after my second required test last night.

Upvote 0
The Samsung health app native to the phone has BP as one of it's trackers. Everything in the app is tracked except BP. I feel that it will be available at some point. I believe it was originally designed to track with an active sensor. Opportunity knocked and Sammy sold out. Pretty weak.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones