• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you currently playing?

Honestly I had the same idea. I pre-ordered them both at the same time. Never thought I'd finish AC before RDR2 but why not give it a try. Never did though so a little break from AC. Honestly I thought Assassin's Creed had the worst pre-order download bonus (server errors so I had better gear when it finally turned up) but Red Dead have taken the biscuit. My pre-order bonus horse appears to be blind as it keeps running into trees :') :D

"BUT THE REALISM!!"

lol, I'm a mixed bag on RDR, mainly because I'm immensely enjoying Origins. Then I have Tomb Raider to finish, then more AC with Odyssey.

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0
"BUT THE REALISM!!"

lol, I'm a mixed bag on RDR, mainly because I'm immensely enjoying Origins. Then I have Tomb Raider to finish, then more AC with Odyssey.

I'm loving Red Dead Redemption but honestly out of the two I prefer Assassin's Creed. Just seems a bit quicker paced. Will definitely be going back to AC before I'm finished with RDR. Tomb Raider is also on my wishlist so will be getting that when I'm done with these two.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0
I'm considering going all retro with a SNES Mini

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/nintendo/1406168/snes-mini-review-super-nintendo-entertainment-system

21 games. Not all are great, but for me there are enough good ones to justify the purchase.

Besides, I reckon the original Mario Karts will be a challenge for my daughter, and may give me a chance of winning. The newer versions are easier to play. Well that's my excuse :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my SNES Classic, and then I went ahead and got the NES Classic. Totally worth it.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I've never owned a Nintendo. Actually that's a lie, a friend once swapped his N64 and a few games for my copy of Half-Life on the PC. I turned him down a few times as he was screwing himself over and I felt guilty, but he was persistent so I thought what the hell. I missed Half-Life :D Was always a saga kid myself. My first gaming device (unless I count the family Amstrad) was the Game Gear. Leaps and bounds ahead of the Gameboy at the time which I suppose was it's downfall. The battery just couldn't keep up with that colour screen. Prince of Persia was one of the games that got me into gaming. Even back then though I did wonder how his arms didn't rip off when he fell four screens and eventually managed to catch hold of a ledge :thinking:

Upvote 0
Do you wonder why these little retro consoles are selling so well, and people are going back to classic arcade games? Nostalgia is part of it of course, but I feel like today's modern games have lost the innovation. I won't buy a current games console, because all I'm getting are prettier versions of existing game franchises - Call Of Duty:Whatever, Need For Speed etc.
Do I want to blow £300 to return to something I've played to death? For me, the SNES Mini makes a lot of sense, I think it'll be fun returning to these old classics.

Reactions: Milo Willamson
Upvote 0
I still have my old SNES, my old N64, and a lot of games hehehe :) I also still somehow have my gameboy and a few games. It is really ultra hard to find fighting games for all three platforms these days, luckily I have a copy of every fighting game that was on that time :) It took extra time trying to track down final fantasy three for my SNES though... I still heart the game, but in the end I quit trying to kill Kefa...

Sure my loyality these days may still have PS3, but as a child, it belonged with nintendo :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Back onto Assassin's Creed for the last week. I'm not liking the 1.07 patch though. I got the full Immortal Armor set a few days ago but the bring back to life perk just doesn't work. It worked one time in the arena by pot luck but never before and never since. Just got the Achilles set though as I stopped the side missions for a bit (because of that) so I'm hoping that isn't bugged out too. The biggest problem though is mid fight the controls seem to jam. Free roaming it's fine but put three or more enemies on the screen at the same time then if you dodge there's a good chance you'll keep running in that directing for 10 seconds. It's been a challenge picking fights that aren't next to walls o_O

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones