• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's for dinner ?

I have an androgynous McDonalds. I guess it's Generation Z people. It always keeps me guessing. Food is always okay.and they are pretty fast.
did not know that McD's was androgynous. Ronald sure looks like a dude.......LOL

the only thing I get from McD's are their fries......AND.....the McRib....when it is available.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
We ate McDonalds pretty often when the kids were growing up. It was quick and affordable and a hit with the kids. With both of us working, it was a great dinner option. I still grab something a couple of times a year. Last few times I've been extremely disappointed in my meal. It seems it's either cold, poorly prepared, slow service or all of the above. I don't expect much out of the franchise and I'm still regularly sorry I tried them again.

Reactions: AugieTN and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I haven't been in a McD's in years. As far as I'm concerned, it's cancer on a bun: the store here has been an absolute death trap. Our former tax deduction son worked there (briefly) over a decade ago - black mold was growing on the ceiling tiles in the kitchen. Instead of replacing them before an inspection team arrived (announcing the inspection was a big mistake), the manager's husband got up on a ladder with white paint and a roller and just covered it all. I haven't been back there since... I think the only reason cars are lined up there is because it's on an interstate exit.

Upvote 0
Growing up, once or twice a month my mother would give each of us $2 on Friday night to go to McDonald's. It was really cheap back then. Prices from 1970

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 08-22-21 This McDonalds menu from the 1970s r_TheWayWeWere.png

Upvote 0
I haven't been in a McD's in years. As far as I'm concerned, it's cancer on a bun: the store here has been an absolute death trap. Our former tax deduction son worked there (briefly) over a decade ago - black mold was growing on the ceiling tiles in the kitchen. Instead of replacing them before an inspection team arrived (announcing the inspection was a big mistake), the manager's husband got up on a ladder with white paint and a roller and just covered it all. I haven't been back there since... I think the only reason cars are lined up there is because it's on an interstate exit.

I think it's a lot more common than we realize. I did work at a Bar in Chicago, I went out the back door and next to the bar was a restaurant with a food shipment sitting outside their rear door. It was about 80 degrees and the ground beef was grey. I did work in another restaurant and their refrigerated food sat out for hours. Then I made the mistake of getting my hand on top of the TV in the kitchen and it was pure white grease.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember the Krystal restaurant in East Point, Georgia back when Krystals were 15¢ each. You just about can't get the little boogers for less than a dollar apiece!

Back on topic, tonight is nice weather: so I'll fire up the Weber grill and prepare USDA Prime New York Strips, sautéed mushrooms, hand-cut fries and maybe some steamed broccoli (although that's plenty of food already!). For dessert, I made the most exquisite strawberry ice cream yesterday with our KitchenAid stand mixer ice cream attachment. It's amazing in its ability to create the silkiest, smoothest, most incredible soft-serve ice cream... which I then put into an airtight ice cream container and stuck in the deep freezer to set it to a scoopable, hard-pack bunch of goodness.

Hungry yet? :D

Upvote 0
One of our favorite quick and easy meals is beef sausage links and sauerkraut. I bought what we needed for the meal the other day and went to prepare it tonight. Much to my dismay, the meal is incredibly high in sodium. In an attempt to make it more desirable for me to eat, I rinsed the kraut. Do not rinse the kraut! Rinsing it removed all of the flavor. I hope it removed some of the sodium for it has 180mg per two tablespoons! Back in the good ol days, I would eat an entire sausage and half a jar of kraut for a sodium intake of 5,760mg. That's nearly four days worth LoL. It's worse than pizza and not nearly as good! :) The meal is officially off my list of foods to eat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones