• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's for dinner ?

Steak with bake beans and mac &cheese

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408_183848_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_183848_Photos.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
The Darling Bride had a hankering for pinto beans with ham. Now that our former tax deduction son has moved into his own apartment, we can enjoy meals with beans again (everyone in the family was raised on beans but, for some unknown reason, he's deathly allergic to them). She cooked them last night, let them set in the fridge and we're enjoying them today.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
Now I'm jealous.....lol
It has taken me a few months to regain a desire for beef. I've steered away from expensive beef because it all tasted bad to me. I'm slowly gaining my love for steak back. I pampered these ribeyes from marinade to serving with a slow smoke, a rest, and a quick reverse sear. My time was not wasted. They were pretty steaks and were just as tasty as they looked. Sometimes the magic just happens.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
It's a soggy boggy day. Temps in the low sixties and overcast with a constant mist has made for a miserable day. Fortunately I mowed my lawns before the bog set in. The weather has made me hungry for a hot dish. I decided to make a goulash. Ground beef, onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce, and some Italian seasonings mixed with macaroni and maybe a bit of cheese. It's a favorite childhood warm meal for a cold dreary day.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones