• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

It rained just a bit Thursday evening and then actually had a thunderstorm move through in the early hours Friday. It misted off and on yesterday and today seems to be stuck in the same wet groove. Less than an inch total has fallen this week. The ponds and lakes around here are still showing the signs of the lack of rain of the last two years. A little rain now and then is very welcome.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
It was incredibly nice here today. It got into the high seventies and might have kissed eighty degrees today. It was a cloudless sky with only a slight breeze. It was the sort of day that demanded your outdoor presence. It could stay like this year round and I'd be happy. It was so hot in the house that I fired up the AC for a bit. Tomorrow is supposed to be a carbon copy of today. Perfect!

Upvote 0
It's warm again today with temps nearing eighty. However, it is very windy. This morning the wind was out of the SW with gusts nearing mid 30mph. Now the wind is directly out of the North and gusting into the mid 40's range. Low tonight is to be in the low twenties and the high tomorrow mid forties. Kansas at its best!

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
The weather got pretty crazy here. It's bound to be on the news tomorrow. Had tornadoes north and south of us I'm thinking 10-12 tornadoes. Then areas started getting straight lines winds starting a 70mph going up to 90mph. Weathermen were saying it's the first time they have seen tornado warnings inside tornado warnings. Reed Timmer was right in the middle of it broadcasting on YouTube

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I worked on some homes that were rebuilt after a tornado went though their neighborhood. There was still homes that hadn't seen any attention beyond the property being cleaned up. The damage was just unreal. And the stories the home owners that I talked to were just bazar. The story that stuck out the most was one house had the two family vehicles parked side by side in what was the garage. The roof was gone and the walls were under the cars. The cars had zero damage.

Upvote 0
I am currently in Minnesota land of 10,000 lakes. Here is another interesting thing about this state, snow ❄️ at any time of the year you will find snow in this state. I have seen patches of snow in the summer in the state of Minnesota

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305_071707_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_071707_Google.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I just ordered a Tempest weather station. It connects to an entire weather network and provides increasingly accurate data. Today in middle Tennessee it will be cloudy with rain.
You will love your weather station Chief. I have a station made be Ambient Weather that I've used for years. It connects to Wunderground helping to provide a network of stations monitoring the weather.
I enjoy the accuracy of the station and I'm now impressed with the longevity of the outdoor measuring instrument. It's also very handy to access your station via the net from your phone to check current weather at your home while you are away. Have fun and enjoy your new weather station.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I just ordered a Tempest weather station. It connects to an entire weather network and provides increasingly accurate data. Today in middle Tennessee it will be cloudy with rain.

I was just looking at the unit and in one picture it says "solar power" then when I looked at what's in the box I see something called, " Hub power supply" with a 120v plug. Is the unit solar powered? or does it need 120v?

Addendum: It looks like the Hub puts the unit on WiFi and runs off of 5v so I would think the Hub connects to the unit via Bluetooth, but it says super long range wireless connection so that tells me it's RF of some type.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
I was just looking at the unit and in one picture it says "solar power" then when I looked at what's in the box I see something called, " Hub power supply" with a 120v plug. Is the unit solar powered? or does it need 120v?
It's likely like mine. The instrument outside has a solar powered charger. The heads up display inside has a 110v connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones