• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

You will be able to check the weather at your RV from home. They are fun. I have three friends that have the same Ambient Weather station that I have. Each had to have a station after seeing mine in operation. My display sits here on my office desk and it is a daily source of info. As silly as it may seem, I would buy a replacement for my station if mine were to quit. I will not be without.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Not only do you get hyper-local weather from it, but it will become even more precise over time as its machine learning builds data from other weather stations in the network. Tempest says it takes about 60 days for it to become shockingly precise: and the data from my (or your) station goes to make everyone else's more accurate.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Rainy today - cleared up long enough for me to take the Shih Tzu money pit for a 1/3 mile walk and wear her out. I have my Tempest weather station set up and I'm getting data... it's just sitting on our deck right now because the 1" pole mount arrived with missing hardware and they're sending me a new one.

Upvote 0
Snow today in Michigan!
Albeit not much sticking to the ground right now, and temperatures getting up to 38 degrees...
At least for the rest of the week it'll be back up into the 60s, lol....

Snow Day GIF by Red Fang

Upvote 0
At around 4am my weather radio went off with a severe thunderstorm warning. It was real loud with a lot of rain. The weather radio mentioned hail, but we didn't get any hail. It was obviously a cold front coming through because it cooled off real quick.

We had a pretty mild winter and an early spring. My wife's bulbs are already up and starting to blossom.

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I finally got my Tempest weather station mounted! After determining that there was no way we were going to install it at the very top of the roof (not with a 45-degree angle and no traction), my Plan B was to remove the old satellite dish we no longer use (we got tired of paying for 200 channels of nothing and now use a couple of streaming services) and put it there. It's still in the clear and has an unobstructed path from the southwest, which is where most of our weather comes from.

20240317_133331.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones