• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Re-Introduction, If You Will...

LOveWerks

Android Expert
Sep 9, 2011
Southern Colorado
Hello to all -
I used to post here as 'BrotherBone', and was a Junior Member; however, life happenstances took me out of the computer loop for awhile (due to closing out my original email account that was attached to my account here), and due to my overall health. My health is doing much better, and I've relocated to new digs in North Carolina. I have a wonderful woman in my life, and she tolerated my Android interest by letting me root her entry-level Samsung Galaxy Prevail (hello, Odin...). As my EVO 3G became a brick after landing in a hot tub, and with my disability keeping me to a fixed income, I've been trying to make this entry level smartphone do things that are impossible. I'm now on a hunt for a new ROM that may enable me to use the Google browser, and I've tried a few ROMS that were downright scary (chuckle...). To my old friends (hey there, Ocean Brze) - I'm back, and as always, I will be full of questions, and continuing my Android quest. 'Nuff said... :)

Reactions: Rxpert83
Thank you for the warm welcome; I just installed hroark's CM7 Mod; it runs flawlessly, though, live wallpapers become unavailable... unless, someone out there has a driver code... hroark is notoriously unavailable (!), and won't (or can't) accept PMs. CM9 Kang looked so promising, though, Wi-Fi was a balky process, and no camera or video. I'm just getting back into Android after a long departure from it, and due to my memory (hey - I'm 51 - I'm back to performing music, and my lyrics memory is stellar, and my playing has come back - but, other things get lost in the haze... chuckle), it seems like with the advent of newer operating systems, older brain cells won't prevail - like the entry-level Boost Mobile phone I'm playing around with. It's great being back, though. :rolleyes: 1385666055399.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones