• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tv Box Flexiview FV-1

Hema got new update or something and "PLAY Store" is available

Capture-38.jpg

Download:
U110781 120328 [122,11 MB]

......... also here is Firmware that has been modified by a friend and is in Alpha form for more editing.so if you want please test and add comments ...

Flexiview FV-1 Android 2.2 TV Box - Uberoid Alpha

Baserom: 154801_FW_U110781_1203161.zip

Changelog:
- added Google Play Store 3.5.15 (formerly known as the Google Market)
- added su bin
- modified build.prop to spoof a Samsung Galaxy S II
- disabled auto updates
- changed boottext
- removed facebook
- removed google maps 5.5.0
- updated youtube to 2.3.4
- removed air control lite
- removed streetview for google maps
- removed quickoffice trail

Vq0RgF.gif

Download: Flexiview_FV-1_Uberoid_Alpha.7z 98MB

more info:
http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?topic=2206.msg21840#msg21840

Thanks to HardcoreHacker from http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum

Upvote 0
Hema got new update or something and "PLAY Store" is available

Download:
U110781 120328 [122,11 MB]

......... also here is Firmware that has been modified by a friend and is in Alpha form for more editing.so if you want please test and add comments ...

Baserom: 154801_FW_U110781_1203161.zip

Changelog:
- added Google Play Store 3.5.15 (formerly known as the Google Market)
- added su bin
- modified build.prop to spoof a Samsung Galaxy S II
- disabled auto updates
- changed boottext
- removed facebook
- removed google maps 5.5.0
- updated youtube to 2.3.4
- removed air control lite
- removed streetview for google maps
- removed quickoffice trail

Download: Flexiview_FV-1_Uberoid_Alpha.7z 98MB

more info:
Login

Thanks to HardcoreHacker from TechKnow

That's cool

Thank you for all the time and effort to those involved in the above changes.

Is one able to post the build.prop if there is no binding reason not to.
I wouldn't mind attempting to have another go at setting my Build.prop as a Samsung Galaxy Tablet, but if recognised, a Samsung Galaxy S II is pretty cool.

I've done much the same thing as above, but just manually.

Updated the following to:

Google Play 3.5.16
YouTube 2.4.4
Google Maps 6.5.0
Street View 1.7.2.0
Gmail 2.3.6
Flash Player 11.1.111.8
Adobe Reader 10.2.0
Samba Filesharing 111107m
IMDb 2.6.0

Removed the following:

Twitter
Facebook
Office Suit
Music 1.1.12
And anything else residing as a service I didn't use.

Normally run with approx 180MB of memory free.

I had a problem upgrading Bluetooth File Transfer from 4.30 to 5.00 but haven't looked at it beyond a quick upgrade attempt.

Reactions: Snoekebeest
Upvote 0
Hello! I have one of these device. It is A DEVO WEWEB but Google Market said it is a Mesada Android TV... I haven't been able to root it. I've tried z4root but it didn't work. Can someone tell me how to obtain root? i want to install a vnc server...
screenshot of Android vesion.

Excuse me for my bad english but I'm Italian...

Attachments

• sisinfo.jpg
    sisinfo.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0

Hi

In first my fv1 brick with this firmware !:mad:
Finaly my fv1 work after several reboot. :adore:

I wanted to change the autorisation for the market like in this blog : h***://blog.apedroid.com/2012/04/how-to-get-most-out-of-hama-internet-tv_9636.html
But it does not work.
After i modify the build.prop file and it's working !

I changed the lines ( ro.product.device,ro.product.name, ro.product.board) with :"sec_smdkv210" or "smdkv210" by "GT-I9100" after reboot the permission for the market are ok

sorry for my english !

Have a good day

Chris

Upvote 0
has anyone got a new firmware version?

like gingerbread or ICS for this device?

there's a new version of this froyo (U110781_1203281) from hama.fr located on general-files but who wants froyo.. i've flashed it & i'm still disappointed :)

I think big part of the problem is the dev board this hardware is based on came with Froyo as the OS image and the dev kit manufacturer did not update any further. Without the upstream, it's hard to expect any OEM to invest into forking/upgrading their units. They just switch to a different model and continue selling. So it's upon us, the users, to hack something together. Some progress is being made, especially around the m-boot bootloader see http://projectgus.com/2012/01/mesada-flexiview-fv-1-androidtv-technical-review/ and
http://projectgus.com/2012/02/debian-on-flexiview-fv-1/

Upvote 0
Z4Root version 1.3.0? Works on the October 2011 release on a FV-1 Android TV.

In my case Z4Root 1.3 work by using the folwoing method
1. Perform Temp root
2. The system perfrom short boot by itself
3. Open Z4Root again and perfrom permanent root
4. The system reboot again and you have a permanent root
5. The other way oround didn't work for me (i.e first permanent root)
I have two FV-1 boxes, each one with difarente software version, and it worked on both of them
I don't have the software version on hand (I'm at work) maybe later

Upvote 0
hi
whats a deal with HDMI connection, will it work with PC monitor, latest, like AOC, HP, LG etc.
these like
HP 2311x 23" Full HD LED-Backlit Monitor | Monitors | Currys

I've connected an FV-1 Android TV to a Dell U2410 24" monitor via HDMI and it works. Even provides audio on this model of monitor. (3.5mm audio out)

Remember, audio is supported via HDMI, so you'd need an HDMI/audio splitter if the monitor does not provide audio.

I would say, the rule of thumb is, it will work with most HDMI standards based monitors/HD-TV, however as usual, there is always going to be the odd device that can't support a HDMI connection to a FV-1 Android TV.

I'm not sure if HDMI to DVI is supported, I've never tried it, but would suspect no, unless otherwise confirmed.

Upvote 0
whether there is an application for the Android phone, to serve as a remote control for Android TV Box FV-1

Given the FV-1 Android TV box is not going to move, it may be just as easier to have a Logitech mouse and keyboard on hand. I use a Logitech M325** and a Logitech K400, both using a single Unifying receiver.

Even with just a mouse you can control most of the device. Mouse left-click, middle-menu and right-back buttons. The keyboard helps with volume control when no visual on-screen buttons are present, as the K400 has volume up/down buttons, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Fn-Home and F4 device sleep mode.

Bluetooth on a FV-1 Android TV is not very mature and any Android smartphone keyboard emulator(if you can find one that works) will just chew up battery on the phone.

On the flip side I would be interested if someone found a keyboard/mouse emulator for an Android smartphone that worked with an FV-1 Android TV.

** I had to get my Logitech M325 replaced as the laser wasn't correctly aligned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones