• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tv Box Flexiview FV-1

Installed BSPlayer Lite and gave it a try on my FV-1 Android TV.

I am pleasantly surprised. I didn't think it would be much different than all the other Video players, BUT it is... different.

I am now able to play 720p DVD quality videos without any real noticeable 'stutters' in playback.

This includes playing videos from the SD card and streamed via Ethernet from my QNAP NAS. I have tested .vob, .mp4 and .mkv versions of the Avatar movie. The above all played smoothly using HW acceleration locally (mp4, mkv) and SW decoding when streamed from my NAS.(see update)

BSPlayer Lite still struggles with the THX logo which is rendered intricately with animated graphics building up to the complete THX logo. But that's just me trying to find parts of the video content that can't be rendered seamlessly.

In the movie Avatar, the starting pan through the forest and the pan past the spaceship as it approaches the planet Pandora are very smooth, not perfect, but unless you're just watching the movie looking for every minor 'stutter' you'd never notice a problem and just lose yourself in the movie.

The Avatar movie averages 25.01 FPS (HW accelerated mkv)

MoboPlayer, VPlayer, MX Video Player, DoubleTwist and Dice player all 'stutter' noticeably at the above points in the Avatar movie and for some players the Avatar 720p movie is just too much altogether when using an FV-1 Android TV box.

All good on the small bit of testing I've done.

Update - Bit more testing and with BSPlayer Hardware engine enabled in setup it appears that even streaming mkv and mp4 video from a NAS via Ethernet uses hardware acceleration.

Upvote 0
Installed BSPlayer Lite and gave it a try on my FV-1 Android TV.

I am pleasantly surprised. I didn't think it would be much different than all the other Video players, BUT it is... different.

I am now able to play 720p DVD quality videos without any real noticeable 'stutters' in playback.

This includes playing videos from the SD card and streamed via Ethernet from my QNAP NAS. I have tested .vob, .mp4 and .mkv versions of the Avatar movie. The above all played smoothly using HW acceleration locally (mp4, mkv) and SW decoding when streamed from my NAS.

BSPlayer Lite still struggles with the THX logo which is rendered intricately with animated graphics building up to the complete THX logo. But that's just me trying to find parts of the video content that can't be rendered seamlessly.

In the movie Avatar, the starting pan through the forest and the pan past the spaceship as it approaches the planet Pandora are very smooth, not perfect, but unless you're just watching the movie looking for every minor 'stutter' you'd never notice a problem and just lose yourself in the movie.

The Avatar movie averages 25.01 FPS (HW accelerated mkv)

MoboPlayer, VPlayer, MX Video Player, DoubleTwist and Dice player all 'stutter' noticeably at the above points in the Avatar movie and for some players the Avatar 720p movie is just too much altogether when using an FV-1 Android TV box.

All good on the small bit of testing I've done.

Oh, thank for the Bsplayer tip. Works like a charm, now I can enjoy 720p movie with subtitle, which can not be done if play directly by my Tv thru usb connection.

Upvote 0
Hi,
for french folks,
I found a thread to have a tiny azerty soft keyboard (3 lines) and a method to map an external keyboard.
What is also interesting is that there is no screen change while writing.

I am on the process to apply it to a K400 logitech keyboard, and I already remapped the a,z,w,m, enter, space, .... flawlessly.
The method is also given for keys activated by shift and Alt, but it is more tricky.
It will a take some time to finish it and if somebody is interested I will publish the keymap for K400.

Here is the link :

Laurent2o1o Keyboard

PS : the thread is in french

Hope it helps

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I Also have a Flexivie android tv box and i tried hard to set up VPN: PPTP and L2TP but its doesn't connect but when i tried on android HTC phone 2.3.3 both vpn works.

I even set up OpenVPN on the tv box but it give a TUN error :(

Anyone tried VPN setting on Flexivie android box 2.2?
And to all expert can you help me to find the prefect Tun.Ko file for this device? i downloaded few and tried to load them but no way.

I really need your help to watch hulu and netflix..

FW update details are:

Android version:
Kernel version
M1100151-K11016031 #1
System Version
R11016171-S11016171 FR91

thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I Also have a Flexivie android tv box and i tried hard to set up VPN: PPTP and L2TP but its doesn't connect but when i tried on android HTC phone 2.3.3 both vpn works.

FW update details are:

Android version:
Kernel version
M1100151-K11016031 #1
System Version
R11016171-S11016171 FR91

thanks in advance

You shouldn't have any problems with PPTP client on FV-1 Android TV as I have that working fine with encryption.

Wireless & networks -> VPN settings -> Add VPN

add PPTP VPN

Assign a name, the remote VPN Server, tick encryption and save.
Now 'click' on the newly create VPN connection and enter Username and Password.
All going well it should connect.

You get a cute little key icon in the status bar when connected.

Just check your local LAN has no firewalls blocking PPTP and that any router/modems have PPTP passthrough enabled.

If both the mobile phone and FV-1 Android box are both using local WiFi on the LAN then one assumes the path for PPTP should be OK if the mobile phone is working.

As for OpenVPN...hmmm that could be a bit more of a challenge, as you need to have the FV-1 Android TV box 'rooted' to allow access for the OpenVPN 'build'.

If you have a valid PPTP server you can connect to, I'd get the PPTP client working first on the FV-1 Android Box, as this'll verify the path (Pass-through and firewall) is clear and understood for any future developments with OpenVPN client.

I may be running a slightly higher OS judging by the System Version.

Android version
Kernel version
M1100160-K11019300 #2
System Version
R11018180-S11018180 FRF91

Upvote 0
Bsplayer really works great! Much better than both Moboplayer and Rockplayer since it can play 720 perfectly.

Is HW mode the best to use?

Guys I am getting "device incompatible" when I try to load BSPlayer lite from the Market. As far as I know I have the latest software so not sure why this is happening. Can someone post a copy of the file and I will try load it manually.

Android version
Kernel version
M1100160-K11018310 #1
System Version

Upvote 0
Guys I am getting "device incompatible" when I try to load BSPlayer lite from the Market. As far as I know I have the latest software so not sure why this is happening. Can someone post a copy of the file and I will try load it manually.

Android version
Kernel version
M1100160-K11018310 #1
System Version
Here it is...:)

BSPlayer lite v1.2.124.zip

Reactions: buzzbomb01
Upvote 0
Thanks DrGoodVibes for your kind reply.. i appreciate your help..

I do have a valid PPTP server and i tried to connect manytime with ticked encryption and enter my username and passwords but its doesn't connect always give me error "cannot connect to server , try again"

I tried on iphone the same account PPTP server and using same wifi and it does connect :(

Maybe my Fv1 had firewalls blocking PPTP.. any idea how to check / fix that?

For the Openvpn i already root my box and install busybox and binary and open vpn setting and created an openvpn folders where i store my logs and passwords everything went well accept i get error " Cannot locate TUN " cos i don't have tun.ko installed i tried few but no way .. i need the compatiable tun.ko for the device to work.

thanks once again

look forward to your reply

Regards
maleek49

Upvote 0
I do have a valid PPTP server and i tried to connect manytime with ticked encryption and enter my username and passwords but its doesn't connect always give me error "cannot connect to server , try again"

I tried on iphone the same account PPTP server and using same wifi and it does connect :(

Given you're using the same WiFi AP and it works on other devices, I can't be of much help. All I did was fill in the blanks in 'Add VPN PPTP' and it worked.

As it's my PPTP server I'm using, I tried it locally on the Ethernet/LAN and then via a Mobile Phone carrier on a tethered WiFi AP to the PPTP server.

Both cases worked. Just some applications 'freaks' when they see Ethernet as they're not designed to use it. PPTP seems OK with Ethernet.

I did check the Manage Applications -> VPN Services v2.2

Sorry, can't be of any more help.

Would be interested to hear if you get OpenVPN working and can source a compatible tun.ko

On another note, I did move the original gmail app in system/app off onto the sdcard(backup) and replaced it with com.google.android.gm.apk and now I have Gmail 2.3.5.2 running with no currently observed problems.

I used Root Explorer to do this.

Now working on getting a usable calender environment setup. [pointers welcome]

Regards

Upvote 0
Hi, my first post on this thread. Apologies for my ignorance, I've read the last 17 pages and there seems to be a lot of information to take in. I want to buy one of these Android boxes to surf the net and watch hd (1080) video on bbciPlayer etc. Am I right in thinking I've got a choice of two products, android 2.2(samsung) or 2.3. Only 2.3 plays hd of which two good models are rockchip and amlogic. Can anyone confirm if this is correct as there are many rockchip models available on eBay at the moment for around

Upvote 0
Full HD 1080P HDMI Google Android 2.3 Wifi Media Player Internet TV Box | eBay

If anybodies interested this looks like a nice product which I'm thinking about buying, any views. Thanks again.
Leighton

Thx for posting your tip. Which device would be better?
Rockchip RK2918 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A8 or 1GHZ Cortex A9 AML8726-M CPU

Is there any better device than you've posted above? Do you know what is the latest supported android version?

Regards

Upvote 0
Thanks freddy, great link. Looks like a great product. Shame it only has two USB ports, could be awkward with wireless dongle for keyboard, mouse, webcam, external hard drive etc. Can this device take a USB splitter (extension) to add more if needed.

I like the look of the next model up, the fva 4, is it much better, is it worth the extra money. I've emailed the vendor for advice, what do you think.

Thanks,
Leighton

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones