• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tv Box Flexiview FV-1

It sure is!

I don't know about everyone else, but I use my FV-1 every single day. I am running the latest october firmware, use a Logitech K400 keybaord (I never use the remote it came with).

It does everything I could ask. Videos, web, email, games, etc...

Probably the two single biggest improvements I have made are (both of these require ROOT):

1 - Disable (rename or delete) LatinIME.apk (the default keyboard). This makes using the external keyboard briliant! (No keyboard "entry boxes" popping up any more ;-)

2 - LCD Density Changer - this makes the UI look much better!

I am using my FV-1 to write this post. Happy times!

Pez

Upvote 0
Check out this item I found on eBay:

Android 2.3 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9

Link: eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Hi, not finding it easy to purchase one of these Android tv boxes. I've seen the above model for sale on eBay. I wanted to purchase it but the vendor stated it didn't take a webcam, surely this can't be true with all the spec it has. Can anyone confirm if this can take a webcam. It looks identical to the fva4
Model mentioned on this forum which does take a webcam. Thanks for any advice I get. Leighton
(Sent from eBay Mobile for Android)

Upvote 0
I too have been using my FV-1 Android TV quite a lot.

It does most things I need of it and gets switched to when adverts are on TV or when not watching TV.

Currently on the latest October release and have a 2GB firmware SD card set aside.

I too have a K400 keyboard and a Logitech M305 mouse (with centre button for menu). Using a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse means you get a menu (centre) button which is nice. Original remote that came with the box was thrown out long ago.

HD videos can be displayed well (but not brilliantly) using BSPlayer with only a minimal amount of lag and 'stutter' and the BSPlayer Hardware Engine encoder is a nice touch.

Using the Desktop application Handbrake, videos can be formatted using the Android quick pick setting and converted to MKV for easy play locally, or streamed from a NAS with Hardware Acceleration enabled in both cases.

I too have used LCD Density Changer and set my 40" HD-TV to 165.

I have installed samba Filesharing and thus can easily move files to and from the FV-1 Android TV box from anyway on the network.
ES File Explorer completes file management.

Use NQ Mobile Security as it has a cute little resident Ethernet bandwidth monitor displaying current bandwidth I/O.

Use K-9 Mail which has all the requirements to read and write emails.

CalenGoo gives great calendering which includes access to Google Calenders given the original OS had no access to Google Calendars.

OverSkreen browser is an interesting new development for a large screen Android setup giving windowing.

Quite often play Internet radio using Xiialive via TV with picture turned off or via the receiver.

The FV-1 Android TV is a good starter system and gives insight into what you really want from a 'media/admin' box for future purchase.

Probably wont replace my FV-1 Android TV until Ubuntu/Android cross-over boxes start coming out.

Upvote 0
I too have been using my FV-1 Android TV quite a lot.

It does most things I need of it and gets switched to when adverts are on TV or when not watching TV.

Currently on the latest October release and have a 2GB firmware SD card set aside.

I too have a K400 keyboard and a Logitech M305 mouse (with centre button for menu). Using a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse means you get a menu (centre) button which is nice. Original remote that came with the box was thrown out long ago.

HD videos can be displayed well (but not brilliantly) using BSPlayer with only a minimal amount of lag and 'stutter' and the BSPlayer Hardware Engine encoder is a nice touch.

Using the Desktop application Handbrake, videos can be formatted using the Android quick pick setting and converted to MKV for easy play locally, or streamed from a NAS with Hardware Acceleration enabled in both cases.

I too have used LCD Density Changer and set my 40" HD-TV to 165.

I have installed samba Filesharing and thus can easily move files to and from the FV-1 Android TV box from anyway on the network.
ES File Explorer completes file management.

Use NQ Mobile Security as it has a cute little resident Ethernet bandwidth monitor displaying current bandwidth I/O.

Use K-9 Mail which has all the requirements to read and write emails.

CalenGoo gives great calendering which includes access to Google Calenders given the original OS had no access to Google Calendars.

OverSkreen browser is an interesting new development for a large screen Android setup giving windowing.

Quite often play Internet radio using Xiialive via TV with picture turned off or via the receiver.

The FV-1 Android TV is a good starter system and gives insight into what you really want from a 'media/admin' box for future purchase.

Probably wont replace my FV-1 Android TV until Ubuntu/Android cross-over boxes start coming out.

Yes you are right this is a very stable box with October firmware .
I tried other 3 to 4 boxes of android 2.3 etc. The quality and stability doesn't matches at at all. tr has a very smmoth air mouse and almost nil heating in any season.

The only 2 backlogs are playing very high 1080 p movies and Non availability of Skype.

Upvote 0
Applied the new FW, saw some new apps such as contact, calendar, some app market etc. Still android 2.2
I installed an app to play online music but the player just download about 2 mins of 192kps music then stop, the CPU usage then increase to 100% and the box freeze for some minutes before I can click anything. Anyone know if it the issue of slow cpu and/or lack of RAM?

Upvote 0
Firstly, thank you to the person/people who are maintaining and updating the firmware for us. It's VERY much appreciated.

So what's the thoughts on the new (2012-03-16 v2.2) firmware?

My FV-1 Android TV has moved onto a higher Zen plain and it'd be a pity to disturb it if the new features of the fw are minimal.

I have the latest versions of YouTube, Google Maps/Street view, TuneIn Radio Pro, XiiaLive, BSPlayer, Google Calendar via CalenGoo /contacts via Go Contacts , Adobe everything and numerous networking and development tools all updating and accessible via Google Play Store (v3.5.15). I've removed Facebook and Twitter to improve memory use.

A firmware upgrade to Android v2.3 would be quite something and I'd dance to that merry tune, no problems, however I may just sit on the fence for a while on this v2.2 fw upgrade until a bit more is known.

I'm guessing there is no release notes to accompany the new fw.

My system/build.prop currently has a build date of Aug 18, 2011 8:22 PM

Has that changed?

Upvote 0
Just updated my unit and this is the setup ....

IMG_0688.jpg

xG_IND
After my installation i found a newer Firmware ......U110781_1203161 as the end number ends in 161 instead of 160.

2n6etsx.jpg

xG_IND

Upvote 0
Hi!

This is my first post in the forum.

I have problems with the original remote control, i'm also using a wifi keyboard Logitech, but the problem is that i cannot swith off the box without the remote.

Anybody knows any other compatible remote or where i can buy a new original one?

Thanks a lot for your help

On a Logitech K400 the following keys apply.

<F4> key will put the FV-1 Android TV to sleep(Green light goes out). Press <F4> again and it wakes. This appears to be the same function as the supplied remote control where the 'power' button is pressed.

<Ctrl><Alt><Del> Restart the Android operating system on the FV-1 Android TV using a Logitech K400 keyboard.

Upvote 0
Hi...have a problem streaming video with my FV1. I have the oct firmware and the latest flash player 11 installed. Whenever i stream movies from mobilevids.org i found out the movie will play smoothly the first few mins and then starts to turn choppy(stutter) after that. And it will starts to buffer (screen shows the loading circle) whenever the loading bar reaches the end meaning it has downloaded completely. This applies to all the movies i stream. I have a fibre optic internet plan at 100 mbps connected via wired lan to my box. So i don't think its my internet connection. I've tried it with the stock browser and on opera mini mobile and still no difference. It does not happen with my samsung galaxy tab 7.7 running on android honeycomb with the same network. But you tube videos plays just fine even in high quality setting. Btw my FV1 is rooted with Z4root. Hope anybody can help?

Upvote 0
hi, folks
I've got a fv-1 unit two weeks ago and I'm really satisfied with it. I flash it with the october firmware and root it to change lcd density (which I strongly recomend, some apps look and behave better in lower densities, like netflix and youtube). A good value is 200. BSPlayer is the best video player that I've tried.
A doubt: when I put it to sleep (through remote) and wake it later, sometimes the system is resumed but most times it reboots (android logo and stuff). How often it happens with you?

PS: sorry my english. It's not my birth language.

Upvote 0
Hello! I have the FV-1, and there was a problem when watching movies in the scenes where the camera moves from one side to the other picture is a little bit slows down, used a lot of video players, but nothing helps. And another question I have is 1920 * 1080, can anyone tell where in the settings you can change it to 720 or less or there is some software to do this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones