• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2024

Uniforms still suck. Tampa Bay Rays with yellow hats

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 12-04-55 The Official Site of Major League Baseball.png

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
A lot of preseason games on MLB.TV are audio only, like today White Sox at Giants - audio only :censored:
I've not experienced that yet. I have the games on every day and night. It was tuned to the early game but I wasn't watching. I can't say that I had video as well as audio. I do now for the Cubs Rangers game.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I really feel cheated now. The MLB channel finally had a Royals game on last night at 6 PM central. I've been looking forward to seeing my team play and learn some of the new players names. :) First the game wasn't aired because it was in a rain delay. Following the delay there was a game lead - in segment with the Royals' announcers. After the commercial break the broadcast returned to the game but I had a "Sorry, this game is not available in your area" slap in the face. In previous years I was able to get the Royals games. I don't know what has changed but my summer is looking grim.

Upvote 0
Lucky you. I've got games but not the Royals game. Even if it was listed, I doubt I would get it. It makes zero sense to me. It's not like the game is being played in KC. Last night's game that was blacked out was played in Arizona.

So you just have MLBN single channel, not the MLB.TV package? correct? I have this, MLB.TV All Teams $149.99:

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
So you just have MLBN single channel, not the MLB.TV package? correct? I have this, MLB.TV All Teams $149.99:

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/subscribe
I have the package as well as the standard channel. My package doesn't air any pre season or post season games. It will go live the 28th, opening day of baseball. I also have two Bally Sports channels. One channel might air the Royals games but might not. I'll have to wait and see. Back when I had cable TV, Bally Sports Midwest was my source for the Royals games.

Upvote 0
I plugged my zip into the link you provided for the package you have. The Royals are blacked out both home and away on your stream for my area. I'm sure it will be blocked out with my package as well. The last three years I've gotten the package through DirecTV and the Royals weren't blocked. The package price is the same as you are paying so I again ordered it though DTV with the outside chance it won't be blocked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is always the option to pay for the Bally Sports package. It is way over priced and I'm guessing that blackout areas will be honored. My one valid option that I know will work would be to subscribe to the all game audio streams. Considering it's audio only it seems over priced. Getting the audio only will be stepping back to days of old. Us boys sitting with our dads in the garage, drinking pops while they had beers, and listen to the ball games on an AM radio.

Upvote 0
The Royals are blacked out in Missouri, their home state, except the St Louis metro area. I call BS. It's also blacked out in Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Iowa. If they think that eliminating six states from watching their terrible team on TV will cause the stadium to be packed, they have lost their minds. All I see it accomplishing is alienating the few fans they have and eliminating potential new young fans. My generation is getting too old to drive hours to see a game no matter how great a fan they are. My children grew up watching the sport with me and they are fans... but not die hard fans. Their kids don't give a hang about professional baseball. Removing viewing options will kill the game eventually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones