• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

COVID-19 and Politics. The CIVIL edition.

Caryboy60013

May 26, 2020
I live in Illinois, near Chicago and all this covid 19 b.s. has done is get me extremely pissed off. Who does the government think they are locking down everything over a virus. Mind you I have severe allergies and mild asthma, usually will not take the medication for either unless my boyfriend makes me or I really can barely breathe. The government expects me to comply with their b.s. over a virus, which means I have not been able to spend every second with my boyfriend and have constant attention from him and have nothing at all worthwhile to do except my damn job and study to further a career... Who am i doing any of that nonsense for? No one at all is who. Have not had any intimate attention from him since March and no guy can do anything about that by himself at any time ever, and that is more important than health in all manners. Teenage gay males are still out and doing their thing so why should my boyfriend and I have to suffer just because of a virus that is not overly contagious or deadly. They have tested over 700,000 people in Illinois and of that only like 125,000 are positive cases and of the 125,000 positive cases only 4,800 died from the alleged virus..... The numbers do not add up at all, this is nothing but an attempt to strip rights from the people, I did not think the government could outdo itself with what they did on 9/11, but they sure the he'll did. I am glad i have my concealed weapon permit and have it with me EVERYWHERE, and Illinois is starting to have huge protests over the unconstitutional lockdown which i support 100%.

Reactions: PitCarver
not overly contagious???????

alleged virus?????? my friend's mom is in a nursing home here in L.A. and she can't visit her because of staff members and a few who live there has contracted the virus. Ask her if this thing is alleged or not. IT'S REAL. just because you have not been in contact with the virus does not mean it is not real.

almost 100,000 people are dead!!!!!!!

here is the thing, this virus can go undetected. you could have it and not know it. you can easily pass it on to your friends and family without realizing it. it is not always about you. it is about your fellow neighbors. it is about your community. without the lockdown, things could have been a lot worse.

what is it with people who are against the lockdown? they are always worried about themselves and not others???? its the me! me! me! attitude i do not get. yes i understand the frustration. yes i understand the hardship it is creating. yes i understand a lot of people are out of work. but this is what is needed to protect everyone.

you say those numbers do not add up. you know why? because most people are social distancing. those people are wearing masks. those people are staying at home. can you imagine if everyone did not do those things? those numbers would be sky high.

please do us all a favor listen to the scientists and doctors. they are not politicians. they only care about you and your health. please stay at home. and if you go out wear a mask and practice social distancing.

and lastly don't do those things for you, do it for you friends, your neighbors, and for your family.

Upvote 0
Apparently in this person's case the problem is that he's not had a shag recently, and risking other people's lives is unimportant in comparison. ;)

That was a paraphrase, but here are the exact words:
Have not had any intimate attention from him since March and no guy can do anything about that by himself at any time ever, and that is more important than health in all manners.

I do love the description of 4% mortality (4,800 out of 125,000, to use numbers from the post) as "not overly deadly". If you maintain that average and let it infect the whole USA that's 13 million deaths. Of course it won't infect everyone, but this is why the models concluded that without such measures you'd face ~2 million deaths if everyone was able to receive all medical treatment, i.e. not including the effects of medical services being overwhelmed - the reality would be worse. And yes, at present the fraction of people who've been infected is not large: 125k out of 700k positives is higher than the population incidence because they are not testing the whole population, they are concentrating on people at most risk or showing symptoms. But the reason it's as low as it is is because most people are listening to the advice: ignore the facts, do as you please, and it gets a lot worse. Just be thankful that it doesn't have the lethality of SARS (20% mortality), because if we get one as infectious as this and as lethal as that we are in serious trouble.

But let's be honest, the telling bit is where this person talks about the "so-called virus". That tells me that he has been listening to the conspiracists and accepting at least some of what they say. I understand how that may be attractive, because it's a more comforting story than the reality, but when dealing with an epidemic rejecting reality is not merely a sign of weakness, it's also dangerous, to yourself or to others. And as someone who knows a lot of medics, including some in my family, who are exposing themselves to this risk every day and have lost colleagues to it, and as someone who has had friends hospitalised by it (thankfully none died so far), I can tell you that the idea that this is some international conspiracy is not only nonsense, it is offensive nonsense.

Reactions: Davdi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You're free to do what you wish.
one Monkey don't stop.jpg

Upvote 0
So I am supposed to be happy the only gd thing to do is my job and study for promotions for no one and not have CONSTANT ATTENTION from my 25 year old boyfriend, and I am a police officer so i am exposed to it daily. I do not enforce the unconstitutional stay home orders or the unconstitutional face mask in public b.s. either. In fact I encourage people to live as normal. Sweden had an 18% fatality rate, but guess what it was only for people over 40 who are obese like the idiot governor of Illinois and people with underlying health problems. I have mild asthma and severe allergies and it doesn't worry me at all, also i am 48 years old. I need constant attention from my 25 year old boyfriend, what guy can function without constant sexual attention and what guy can EVER satisfy himself JUST TO BE HEALTHY? if I got the virus and had to be on a ventilator for 10 days i would be able to collect my full pension as a line of duty injury and never have to contribute to this country that is controlled by idiot democrats who care more about health than fun and pleasure. We had to postpone 3 of our trips due to this nonsense, just to protect public health and why should i care about 40 year olds and older? I associate with no one at all over 28 and do not associate with anyone from my job because they care about old people and their health and career. Pleasure and fun is the priority not being successful at something stupid like a job instead of being successful in the bed.

Upvote 0
@Caryboy60013 what kind of officer are you? One who does not care about his fellow citizens, obviously. I'm sorry but I can't be civil if you are not willing to protect and serve.

Like @Hadron said...... I'm done with this thread.

It's pointless trying to explain how viruses work and spread to a really thick wall.

Edit: if this is how you choose to live...... please do not visit California and even better yet STAY AWAY FROM LOS ANGELES. We have problems of our own and we do not need another douche bag making things worse.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Reactions: tommo47 and Davdi
Upvote 0
I will argue and contest the legality of forcing people to wear masks. It interferes with my right to do what I please. Health is nothing to concern oneself over and is not the main priority. It makes it impossible to party if you are wearing a mask to avoid getting something that is basically harmless unless you are over 35 and have any health issues. I am 48 and have minor asthma and do not even take the asthma medication unless i cannot breathe without making a lot of noise, pleasure and getting laid is more important than being healthy for a career.

Upvote 0
I will argue and contest the legality of forcing people to wear masks. It interferes with my right to do what I please. Health is nothing to concern oneself over and is not the main priority. It makes it impossible to party if you are wearing a mask to avoid getting something that is basically harmless unless you are over 35 and have any health issues. I am 48 and have minor asthma and do not even take the asthma medication unless i cannot breathe without making a lot of noise, pleasure and getting laid is more important than being healthy for a career.

Me, me, me, me, me ,me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Davdi and mikedt
Upvote 0

Does that include a right to riot, arson, and loot? :p I'm thinking of very recent events in Minneapolis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FWIW around here, in Jinan, we seem to have got past the "everyone must wear a mask" stage. The schools, colleges and unis fully open and operating normally, all students, teachers, and other staff are here, and hardly anyone is wearing a mask on campus. There are still some places that require a mask, like supermarkets, so most will keep a mask with them, which seems to be either hanging around their necks or put in a pocket.

However, everyone at my school is still required to take and report their body temperature daily. And all dorms entrances have thermal scanning cameras.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones