• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vaccines and COVID anxiety

Hey all! Thanks for your responses. I appreciate them. I guess I just needed to hear that I'm not alone as I'm starting to think I'm mad. I got to pull myself together and do what's necessary. I haven't got my vaccine as I'm hesitant about it, but I guess that's what's causing my fear. I don't know. So, wish me luck! I'm rooting for us all.
What are your concerns? Why are you hesitant? I had mine in February and March--and keep in mind I'm considered to be in very poor health--and I survived!! :D

Contrary to the garbage put out by misinformed, uneducated people who don't understand how vaccines, vaccine clinical trials, and vaccine approvals actually work, they're as safe as any other vaccine out there. Did your parents have you vaccinated against all the childhood threats, like polio and rubella? Mine did, and I'm really glad. I had my daughter vaccinated for all that stuff, and she had her children vaccinated, too. This is no different from any of those other vaccines except that misinformed, conspiracy theory-loving people turned it into a political issue. It's not! It's a scientific issue. I studied science. I get science. My relatives who are on staff at prestigious hospitals get science. This virus doesn't look at a person and say, oh, you're a non-fact-believer, so I'll skip you! Indeed, those are the people who are GETTING COVID-19 now. Something like 99.9% of people hospitalized--and dying--from COVID are unvaccinated. That alone would convince me.

Reactions: Davdi and ocnbrze
I take issue with your assertion that anyone who doesn't agree with the current narrative is misinformed and uneducated; then compare the Covid vaccines with long-approved childhood vaccines like polio and rubella; and that they are "as safe as any other vaccine out there."

These vaccines are NOT FDA-approved. They were released under Emergency Use Authorization which is not approval. There is also a HUGE difference between things like polio and rubella vaccines, which are based on attenuated or deactivated viruses; and a messenger RNA (or mRNA) genetic modifier like the Covid vaccines. Until the FDA screwed up in August 2021, in the 50 years of mRNA vaccine research and development, not a single one had ever been approved for use in humans anywhere in the world - not one - and there's a reason for that.

Then go to the VAERS website and see for yourself that more people have reported serious adverse effects and deaths from the Covid vaccines in EIGHT MONTHS than from all other vaccines administered over the last twenty years.

The fact that Israel has a population with a better than 99% vaccinated rate, and hospitals overflowing with Covid patients, proves the lie that only unvaxxed people are sick with Covid. These vaccines do not prevent infection or transmission. Why are vaxxed people getting so sick? Have your prestigious hospital peeps explain "Antibody-Dependent Enhancement" to you.

And thank you very much for not assuming that we are uneducated and misinformed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I take issue with your assertion that anyone who doesn't agree with the current narrative is misinformed and uneducated; then compare the Covid vaccines with long-approved childhood vaccines like polio and rubella; and that they are "as safe as any other vaccine out there."

These vaccines are NOT FDA-approved. They were released under Emergency Use Authorization which is not approval. There is also a HUGE difference between things like polio and rubella vaccines, which are based on attenuated or deactivated viruses; and a messenger RNA (or mRNA) genetic modifier like the Covid vaccines. Until the FDA screwed up in August 2021, in the 50 years of mRNA vaccine research and development, not a single one had ever been approved for use in humans anywhere in the world - not one - and there's a reason for that.

Then go to the VAERS website and see for yourself that more people have reported serious adverse effects and deaths from the Covid vaccines in EIGHT MONTHS than from all other vaccines administered over the last twenty years.

The fact that Israel has a population with a better than 99% vaccinated rate, and hospitals overflowing with Covid patients, proves the lie that only unvaxxed people are sick with Covid. These vaccines do not prevent infection or transmission. Why are vaxxed people getting so sick? Have your prestigious hospital peeps explain "Antibody-Dependent Enhancement" to you.

And thank you very much for not assuming that we are uneducated and misinformed.
They're about to be FDA-approved. And you know what? That doesn't necessarily mean anything! Ask anyone who took meds that were FDA approved and then turned out to cause horrible birth defects, cancer, death. Being FDA approved is a good thing, but it's not 100% proof that a drug is safe.

As for long-approved childhood vaccines...um, how did they get that way? :thinking: Right! They were invented, went through clinical trials, were eventually approved, and put into general use. Nothing new or unusual with COVID as far as that goes.

Sorry for the inference on my part about anti-vaxxers being uneducated and ignorant. It's just that to my science- and logic-based brain, which absorbed a lot of scientific information in school, that's what they look like to me. And I draw a distinction between those who are hesitant to get vaccinated because they just want to wait a little while, and see for themselves that they're okay, versus those who think this vaccine implants itsy-bitsy GPS tracking devices for....some unknown governmental group to track their every move. Or other idiotic reasons like that. Actually, I LOL at those folks!

Reactions: Davdi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I equally get a chuckle at the expense of who I call Covidians, who are in their vehicle, alone, windows rolled up and wearing a mask: as if they're going infect themselves. And if the vaccines are the solution, why are vaccinated people still wearing masks and freaking out about people who aren't? I mean, they're vaccinated, right?

You continue to compare vaccines that were FDA approved BEFORE deployment with vaccines that MAY be approved AFTER deployment. I do not accept that there is much science going on here, though.

When doctors are ordered to NOT treat patients with medications that are used around the world to successfully beat Covid; when those doctors are banned from social media, and their videos deleted from YouTube, for expressing their frustration; when a vaccine that now only "minimizes symptoms if you get Covid" is being FORCED on people as a condition of employment, or people are otherwise bribed or coerced into getting it; I don't see any science going on. Maybe the science of political expediency, but not the science of testing and observation.

This isn't science to me, @MoodyBlues - this is more of a religion called Science. You agree with the dogma or you lose funding and get excommunicated. Again, my 2c

Upvote 0
Just now on the news they showed a Texas man who organized an anti-mask/anti-vaccine/COVID-19-is-a-hoax rally a month ago. Guess where he is now? Dead. From COVID.

And his family has the audacity to set up a GFM page begging for donations... Just think, one free vaccination could've let him be here for the upcoming birth of his fourth child; instead, he's in the ground and his family has to beg for financial help.

With people like him and the other rally people around, we all can and should be anxious about our own health.

Upvote 0
They're about to be FDA-approved. And you know what? That doesn't necessarily mean anything! Ask anyone who took meds that were FDA approved and then turned out to cause horrible birth defects, cancer, death. Being FDA approved is a good thing, but it's not 100% proof that a drug is safe.

As for long-approved childhood vaccines...um, how did they get that way? :thinking: Right! They were invented, went through clinical trials, were eventually approved, and put into general use. Nothing new or unusual with COVID as far as that goes.

Sorry for the inference on my part about anti-vaxxers being uneducated and ignorant. It's just that to my science- and logic-based brain, which absorbed a lot of scientific information in school, that's what they look like to me. And I draw a distinction between those who are hesitant to get vaccinated because they just want to wait a little while, and see for themselves that they're okay, versus those who think this vaccine implants itsy-bitsy GPS tracking devices for....some unknown governmental group to track their every move. Or other idiotic reasons like that. Actually, I LOL at those folks!

Sure....
FDA approved, lmao.

Hot dogs are too!

Not to mention that Fauci's wife works where?

Anyway, don't they keep telling us to 'follow the science?'

Well, if you cannot question it, then it is NOT science.

And Latin is the language of science.
In Latin, Fauci means 'false'.

Name one time Fauci has ever been right in his public carreer.

Upvote 0
Just now on the news they showed a Texas man who organized an anti-mask/anti-vaccine/COVID-19-is-a-hoax rally a month ago. Guess where he is now? Dead. From COVID.

And his family has the audacity to set up a GFM page begging for donations... Just think, one free vaccination could've let him be here for the upcoming birth of his fourth child; instead, he's in the ground and his family has to beg for financial help.

With people like him and the other rally people around, we all can and should be anxious about our own health.

Yeah, and every leader of a nation that went public against Covid has also been assasinated or removed.

Move along, nothing to see here...

Upvote 0
Sure....
FDA approved, lmao.

Hot dogs are too!

Not to mention that Fauci's wife works where?

Anyway, don't they keep telling us to 'follow the science?'

Well, if you cannot question it, then it is NOT science.

And Latin is the language of science.
In Latin, Fauci means 'false'.

Name one time Fauci has ever been right in his public carreer.

Actually it doesn't.
QAnon is over there somewhere --------->>

Upvote 0
(Dr. Anthony Fauci holds the patent to the vaccine Moderna is using: so every time a Moderna vaccine is shot into someone, he makes bank. Isn't that conflict of interest? Nothing to see here, though, move along...)

This exchange was moved to P&CA, and that's fine. I guess it belongs here. But I will not participate in any discussions here. Enjoy.

Upvote 0
Pfizer and Astra_Zeneca (and now Moderna) are approved in the UK (We've had 2 doses of Pfizer). I still wear a mask when shopping indoors or outside in crowds, because my wife is immuno-compromised due to having Chemotherapy following removal of a tumour from her breast.

The vaccines are not 100% effective against catching or transmitting COVID. BUT they do dramatically reduce the chances of hospitalisation, and more importantly, death. here's a link to a study by Public Health England with the facts and figures:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...ective-in-most-people-in-clinical-risk-groups

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
IMG_20210905_103524_690.jpg

Upvote 0
Vaccines are not 100% effective, NO vaccine is, Here's a link comparing Covid-19 and flu vaccines: https://www.healthline.com/health-n...gh-it-may-be-more-effective-than-the-flu-shot. The covid-19 one is way more effective that the flu one at preventing , and more importantly significantly mitigating the effects of the disease, massively reducing the severity of the disease, the likelihood of hospitalisation, intensive care, and most significantly death. It's especially important if you are immuno-compromised like my wife, who is currently having Chemotherapy for breast cancer (The lump has been removed).

Reactions: Windroid
Upvote 0
A month ago I was dead set against getting a covid vaccine, that was before I was hospitalized with low O2.
Still on the fence about any more shots until they can explain exactly what they know about it.
I was told that I had covid confusion. Quite internet search found very limited information on just what it is.

I can say this though, the covid brain frogs jump around long after they should be gone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Of course "flu shot" is a colloquial term for influenza vaccine.

Is it really a vaccine though?
Once again, it doesn't prevent the flu, or its transmission.

It is almost like, well, I don't know.

It is almost like 'they' haven't cured any disease since the (very) few that they actually did.
Almost like there is more money to be made with these so called 'vaccines' that actually do nothing of the sort.

Isn't it strange that there are more cases of Polio (which we were led to believe had been 'cured' ages ago) from the 'vaccine' than there are cases from the wild strain of the disease?

Upvote 0
Looking back I had absolutely zero worries or concerns about covid 19 when it arrived. I did get a laugh out of people loosing their minds :goofydroid: over it. Doom and gloom it's the end of world!!! We're all going to die :maskeddroid: but before you kick the bucket make sure to stock up on toilet paper. It's amazing how gullible people were

Upvote 0
No vaccine does absolutely prevent you from catching or transmitting a disease, we accept vaccines when required for overseas travel, without knowing the effectiveness. For reference, the Flu vaccine appears to be between 30 and 50 % effective at preventing the disease (Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/flu-vaccine-effectiveness#effectiveness
COVID vaccines are between 75% and >90% effevtive at preventing infection (Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/vaccinations/pfizer-vaccine-efficacy#efficacy-comparisons)
You can easilt find similar figures for any vaccine you want - just search 'How effective is xyz vaccine'.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
No vaccine does absolutely prevent you from catching or transmitting a disease, we accept vaccines when required for overseas travel, without knowing the effectiveness. For reference, the Flu vaccine appears to be between 30 and 50 % effective at preventing the disease (Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/flu-vaccine-effectiveness#effectiveness
COVID vaccines are between 75% and >90% effevtive at preventing infection (Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/vaccinations/pfizer-vaccine-efficacy#efficacy-comparisons)
You can easilt find similar figures for any vaccine you want - just search 'How effective is xyz vaccine'.

That is not what the definition of a vaccine was before the flu vaccine and this new nonsense.
They changed the definition because the new vaccines do not follow the old definition of what a vaccine is (or was, in this case).

BTW, Harvard just did a study and found that in reality, the covid vax is somewhere around not effective.

That is generally worse stats than a placebo.

Make sure that you dont catch monkeypox!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones