• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Olympics London 2012!

Hey London - Imma let you finish, but China had the best Olympic opening ceremony ever!

;)

Yes, agreed absolutely.

This one was -- weird to say the least. Wasn't expecting He Who Must Not Be Named!

Only thing I really liked was Mr. Bean in Chariots of Fire, my Chinese and Mongolian friends seemed to think that was the best part as well. Arctic Monkeys was terrible, but then I always hated britpop. Overall I thought it was a rather self indulgent showcase of Britain in the past.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I predict USA will win gold in basketball
:D

I was recently in London. Awesome city!

uploadfromtaptalk1343498900754.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm English, from Hackney. I'm not being bias, but the opening ceremony was very well done. I will say this, there were a lot of things shown, that to me, unless you're from the UK, you just simply wouldn't get.

Anyway, in other news, it is a shame that Spain lost today; to me they played better, even more so in the second half. Mata was outstanding...

Upvote 0
Watched water polo and womens indoor volley ball yesterday to watch USA win both, I was worried for volley ball against Turkey, they were up 13 - 7 and US was not looking good, but then they made a come back and won all 3 rounds.

Having only played water polo in gym class a few times years ago I was left confused for much of the game, where sometimes it was alright to dunk the person with the ball and other times they would get an exclusion, I just wasn't sure what was going on the whole time haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones