• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
    Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    I've had the "Camera Club" at the top for a few days: any feedback? Should we have something more fun and recurring at the top, keep the simple old school forum structure, go back to "New Posts" as the default, or something else entirely?

We've bounced back and forth over the past 10 years with what appears on the homepage. What would you ideally like to see?

Reactions: AugieTN
    I'm not a news guy but I'm not a camera buff either. Personally, I welcome the pics more than the news. That's just me but wanted to weigh in. It would be fun to have the most active threads at the top but most of them are less tech and mostly interesting but bs topics. I am a fan of something at first glance of the forums being of interest to the majority.

Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    can you do a slideshow of the pictures?
    How's that? The movement of the slideshow is better, but It all seems kind of clunky to me.

Personally, I"d love it if - instead of asking to upload photos and having to click a bunch of buttons - we could immediately pop open the camera. Snap a photo, name it, add description, and submit. Seems like there are more hoops to jump through right now.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
    Upvote 0
    Our old forum software must have had an add on that auto resized photos. A number of people have complained about not being able to upload their pics. I've suggested resizing and cropping but either they don't want to mess with it or it's beyond them. It would be sweet if we had such an add on again. I don't mind editing my uploads but it does take a bit of time.

Upvote 0
    Our old forum software must have had an add on that auto resized photos.

VBulletin has the option to limit the sizes of the uploads. I Admin several xenforo sites a which allow full sized images, if they are too large I usually resize them, easy to do now, just clik the image and drag it from one corner up or down.

Reactions: olbriar
    Upvote 0
    I first crop my images ridding the unneeded from the upload. I then limit the largest, be it length or width, to 1000 pixels letting the other aspect auto resize. It seems to be the sweet spot for xenforo. I don't understand why it's difficult for some to do that. I realize that server space is cheap but when you consider the size of the AF data base it's easy to understand the need to limit image sizes. Besides, who wants to post a pic that one has to scroll down to see it in its entirety. But as you say @ozonetrooper, it's easy to adjust the size once uploaded before posting with xenforo.

Upvote 0
    I first crop my images ridding the unneeded from the upload. I then limit the largest, be it length or width, to 1000 pixels letting the other aspect auto resize. It seems to be the sweet spot for xenforo. I don't understand why it's difficult for some to do that. I realize that server space is cheap but when you consider the size of the AF data base it's easy to understand the need to limit image sizes. Besides, who wants to post a pic that one has to scroll down to see it in its entirety. But as you say @ozonetrooper, it's easy to adjust the size once uploaded before posting with xenforo.
    just posted some pics in the camera club and did not have to resize

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
    Upvote 0
    I'm finding the new front page difficult to navigate. The previous front page with the whole forum was much better. Just my opinion

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-08-31 18-22-01.png
      Screenshot from 2023-08-31 18-22-01.png
      142.5 KB · Views: 41
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones