• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
    Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    I've had the "Camera Club" at the top for a few days: any feedback? Should we have something more fun and recurring at the top, keep the simple old school forum structure, go back to "New Posts" as the default, or something else entirely?

We've bounced back and forth over the past 10 years with what appears on the homepage. What would you ideally like to see?

Reactions: AugieTN
    Rob, when using the Prisma theme the log in button is very difficult to see. Can you change the color?

1.jpg

Reactions: olbriar
    Upvote 0
    how do I make the forum list the default? NOW when I type 'androidforums.com' like i'm used to doing expecting the forum list it shows some sort of social feed, saying I can make that default, but no way it seems to make the forum list default. I am sick of everything getting rearranged already. Sometimes people want what they've been used to for ages. not everything has to change all the time. I hate having the huge ugly bookmarks bar on Pale Moon on just to circumvent this.

you ask for feedback, but every time you do what you want anyway, like every other corporation and I get the 'this is the future now old man' rhetoric.

Upvote 0
    Whatever is generating more useless notifications can you please turn it off? I just got a notification and thought it was a mention or reply to a thread I'm following, only for it to say 'you have reached level 25' and I can't find such a setting in my user cp, and definitely have achievement notifications off. I HATE useless notifications. I'm on a damn forum, not playing a video game.

Upvote 0
    Whatever is generating more useless notifications can you please turn it off?
    That is the Audentio Achievements addon that is part of this theme. I haven't had time to adjust the default settings but will look into it tomorrow.

In all likelihood we WILL want to use these to some extent but I agree we don't want to bombard people frequently. Was it just a notification on the forum or am email or chrome notification, too?

Upvote 0
    Just logged in after taking a break to find two more 'notifications' that were more of those useless 'you have reached level xx' and whenever I see the notification bell light up, I expect it to be important, such as a reply, or like, whatever. Like ALL FORUMS HAVE BEEN FOR YEARS. Not something useless. Worse yet, no setting exists to turn the damned things off. I don't come here to play video games. If I wanted achievements I'd go back to my Xbox.

Upvote 0
    Once we find our land and build our home, I want an early 1970s station wagon on blocks, ready to roll if SHTF. Not a chip in those things, they'll run when little else will.

BACK ON SUBJECT...

If @Rob would like another hand just keeping things tidied up around here, I was an AF Guide and Moderator in a previous life and will happily offer my services (and I'll even settle for my previous pay).

:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones