• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2022 NFL Football

It never intensified. The game slowly meandered to the end. It reminded me of great games of decades ago that defense set the pace. I've grown accustomed to fast pace high scoring games. They are more entertaining to the majority and that is why the rules have changed to advantage the offense. Not to mention the extra commercial spots after each score. I thought Purdy played a good game in Jimmy's absence.

Reactions: AugieTN and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'll be rooting for the niners and the chiefs. My best guess, SF will have to start Purdy again. Though he has proved himself, I just expect the game to be too big for him. In my heart I think the Chiefs will win but the Bengals have owned us and with Mahomes not 100% leaves me thinking they will out score the Chiefs. I predict an Eagles - Bengals super bowl. I hope that I'm wrong. :)

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I would think Mahomes' sprained ankle would be a lot better n a week.
I agree, it will be much improved. Having suffered a few high ankle sprains in my life, I have noted that they are not quick to heal and are easy to sprain again. Being as the Chiefs O line is far from stellar, the play calls are designed to move him about and to scramble. He is adept at such with a good ankle. It will handcuff the O calls if he isn't 100% mobile. The Chiefs can't win the game with their defense. The game rests squarely on the offense.

Upvote 0
Naturally, I'm on pins and needles anticipating the game. Being a life long Chiefs fan has my gut in a knot. I want them to win in the worst way but I'm doubtful. Trying to be realistic, I think both teams have above average offenses that can score more than most teams. However, I do think Cincy has the better defense which I'm afraid will win the game for them.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Naturally, I'm on pins and needles anticipating the game. Being a life long Chiefs fan has my gut in a knot. I want them to win in the worst way but I'm doubtful. Trying to be realistic, I think both teams have above average offenses that can score more than most teams. However, I do think Cincy has the better defense which I'm afraid will win the game for them.
never count out Mahomes....even a hobbled Mahomes. its going to a good game....and very close. if the Chiefs can establish the run, i think it is game over.

the eagles/niners game is also going to be close. but i like the niners if the to can establish the run and Purdy does not make any turnovers.

should be a great day for football!!!!!

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
wow i feel for the niners. to have Purdy go down for much of the game hurt, really destroyed them. it was a miracle to have Purdy be so successful to get the team into the playoffs as he did... then he gets hurt and the eagles with their stellar defense just would not let them run. they could stack the line so there was just no room to run the ball.....that was just a tough game to watch.

hopefully cincy and kc would be a much better game.........its looking that way so far.

Upvote 0
Refs are too much a part of these games. What the heck was that 4th & 4 that turned back into a 3rd & 9?
I do agree that the refs influence the outcome of games way too often. That play was stopped before the snap because of a clock problem. Justified??? I came out on the winning end of that call but I'll admit that the officiating has a way of making games close... Marketing?
I hope it's addressed in the off season.

That was a fun game to watch and I'm honest when I say that I'd have enjoyed it if the Chiefs had lost. Certainly not to the degree of winning but it was entertaining and hard fought. I thought the Chiefs defense won the game and I'd be giving the game ball to Chris Jones. I never thought I'd be giving props to the Chiefs defense.

I'd like to think that the Chiefs receiving core, Isiah Pacheco, and Mahomes can heal up in two weeks. They are pretty beat up. It would be nice to be somewhat healthy for the Super Bowl.

Upvote 0
Eagles are currently favored by 2 points in the Super Bowl. The over/under is 49.5 (which seems a bit high to me)

I saw tickets available for the Super Bowl starting at $5K for the nose bleed seats, which is ridiculous.
I don't anticipate a shoot out at the Super Bowl. Not with the Eagles defense being what they are. If it does become a shoot out it will favor the Chiefs. I don't see the Eagles letting that sort of game happen.

It would be fun to attend a Super Bowl game... Especially if "your" team was playing. That sort of pricing eliminates the fait of heart and wallet. I've enjoyed attending basic regular season games and that costs more than can be easily justified for the average fan. For me, being a poor sort, it has to be a special game to see someone special play. When you factor in the expense of travel and lodging, parking, tickets, and refreshments it's difficult to be that entertained. A Super Bowl attendance is simply out of the question at that outrageous price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones