• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2023

i got home from xmas shopping and just past out. i wake to my phone buzzing nonstop. it was all about Shohei. my friends were texting me. facebook was alerting me. what a nice way to wake up from my nap!!!!!!!!!

Last night i was laughing at all the news reports that Ohtani was flying off to Torronto. there were all these reports about dinner reservations in the city as well as different flights he supposedly was taking. i was like serious? if anything, all of these reporters guessing like this might have pissed Ohtani off cuz he want this done more secretively.

anyways, i am glad he is staying in LA. i am glad he is a Dodger.....this means that more people will now hate us even more.......LOL bring on the Beat LA chants!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
They are literally banking on making it!

Think of how many electric bike you could buy with $700 Million

Pay Day Loop GIF

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
So the crazy thing with Ohtani's contract is that he is going to be averaging $70 million a year. The crazy part is that $68 million of each year is going to be deferred until 2034. Where he will get the remaining money from 2034 to 2043. This guy is going to be set for life!!!!!

It also allows the Dodgers to sign more free agents...... so the Dodgers ain't done yet!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So the crazy thing with Ohtani's contract is that he is going to be averaging $70 million a year. The crazy part is that $68 million of that is going to be deferred until 2034. Where he will get remaining money from 2034 to 2043. This guy is going to be set for life!!!!!

It also allows the Dodgers to sign more free agents...... so the Dodgers ain't done yet!!!!!!
I read that his endorsements amount to around 50 mil a year so he can easily defer his income. They said it was his idea. I'm not sure about that but it is certainly a team player move. I see a lot of post season deep runs for the Dodgers and if they can't turn that into a few championships in the next decade it's their bad.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
I read that his endorsements amount to around 50 mil a year so he can easily defer his income. They said it was his idea. I'm not sure about that but it is certainly a team player move. I see a lot of post season deep runs for the Dodgers and if they can't turn that into a few championships in the next decade it's their bad.

If they don't make it to the World Series next year I would blame the Coach

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
They'll just beat my Padres like any other year, I'm used to it by now..... now that the Padres got a new Coach like they wanted , who will they blame their losses on now ?
I hope they don't see losses they need to place a blame. No team wins them all. I hope they have a better season than last and continue to build and bond.

Upvote 0
I always said that the Yanks had the best team money could buy. I guess that will be said about LA.
i think that you can put the blame on Ohtani. the only reason the Dodgers can do this is because of the deferred contract that was originally suggested by Ohtani himself. this puts the pressure on the ownership to spend whatever it takes to acquire talent to help make Ohtani happy. after all he will be the Dodger's rainmaker....not only in wins(hopefully), but in lucrative money deals surrounding Ohtani.

Upvote 0
Only injuries or bad coaching will keep them out of the series.

There is one other thing that could kill the dream. Remember ARod? Got caught twice on steroids and now he's not getting enough votes for the Hall of Fame. Not to mention Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens that aren't in the Hall of Fame.

Hopefully they are all clean.

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
Don't forget about my all time favorite, Pete Rose.... Sure, lots of things can happen as the season unfolds. And I still contend it takes a TEAM to win games. The Yanks have proven that talent usually but not always prevails. I'm sure it will ring true with the Dodgers as well. They will definitely be playing with a stacked deck. They will be fun to watch with the talent they put on the field, win or lose.
Is it fair? No, in my opinion. Is it good for the game of baseball? Time will tell but short term, probably yes. I'm excited to see how the season plays out for them. A fan... no, but not a hater.... yet. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
if they do not win the world series, it will be a very disappointing season. i think the main thing for them will be injuries. if everyone can be healthy by the end of the season, we have a very good chance of going to the big dance. the other question is who they will meet. i am sort of hoping for the cheaters so that we can get our redemption against them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones