• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Check it out - Chat with our staff :)

I've been considering a name change for a LONNNGGGG time and as @olbriar mentioned, it's been discussed in several threads. While the domain name change seems to have gone flawlessly (phew!), there is still a LOT unfinished and a TON to do. I know it will come as a surprise to many... I'm planning to have a Thread/Announcement prepared for (American) Thanksgiving on Thursday and send out an email sharing the update.

I've temporarily paused new memberships. Basically, if you were a member from this point prior, you're an OG Early Bird. I'm not in a rush to get new members. Especially considering the flood of spammy/AI threads/posts that I've seen on the site lately.

I wish I could have done things more cleanly and with advanced notice/warning, but over the course of many months I had some people flake on me and it screwed the timeline and expectations pretty badly. Doing my best to make this place a fun and dynamic place again.

Hopefully, if you're not liking or hating the changes, you'll stick around, keep an open mind, and things will grow on you. Regardless, thanks to everyone for their support!

you are an admin. Instead of using justifications and telling me to 'ignore it' why not solve the issue here? whenever the little bell lights up I naturally assume it's important and end up finding out instead it's another useless one. After some time it becomes grating. I'm not the complacent type. If something bothers me I do something about it. If not, well, this forum is ruined anyway. I get used to doing things a certain way and when that changes without my say in it I refuse to just adapt. I fight it.
Click your profile picture on the top right, choose preferences on the list on the left, and at the bottom you can turn off the alert. Nice forum software lets each person choose their own experience. You can turn off any other things that annoy you too. :)
1701627871461.png

Reactions: ironass and AugieTN
as stated before, there is no setting to turn off 'you have reached level xx' in those options
1701630138932.png

I'm not going to argue with you about this. :) If the forum isn't for you, you don't have to log in. This place is focused on cutting edge technology, not clinging to buggy whips.

Three months on and my antivirus is still blocking this site with dire warnings...

View attachment 172966

Am I the only one that thinks these sort of warnings are putting new users off?
TBH, mods had been complaining fairly loudly about it, but no one seems to be listening.

And where the f..k is Rob? How do you own a "place of business" ( this website ) and disappear for a month?, and sometimes longer than that. When there is an issue, I have to reach out to him on Instagram to come fix it, I'm done with that bull :poop:. Sorry if this post comes across a little harsh, but I'm not one for "beating around the bush".

I am in now because I changed internet services from Xfinity (Comcast) and their modem to Windstream fiber and their router. Windstream doesn't have internet security, so I can get into here without a problem. I have an Asus router ordered and coming tomorrow. Their security is free and powerful. I may yet again have trouble here.

When I was using Xfinity's cable modem, I could turn off internet security and get in here. I couldn't without doing that.

I hope this helps.

I had to go into my modem/router from ATT and whitelist the site. If you have some router access, there should be a way to allow access by trusting the site. I'm not saying you should have to but it seems to be the work-a-round. The proper fix would be to identify and eliminate the cause for the site throwing security errors.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones