• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fatality 2023.

Screenshot_20231019_090031_Chrome.jpg

Upvote 0
It's not necessarily a bad thing for a coach to get overly emotional, but losing control and getting physical is beyond the pale. Still, his teams respected him and as olbriar noted, he got them to play to their potential. RIP Coach Knight, with condolences to your fans, friends, families, loved ones and, of course, your teams.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
I didn't care for the guy either but there is no denying he got the most out of his players and gave a great deal of himself to the game. RIP coach Knight

It's not necessarily a bad thing for a coach to get overly emotional, but losing control and getting physical is beyond the pale. Still, his teams respected him and as olbriar noted, he got them to play to their potential. RIP Coach Knight, with condolences to your fans, friends, families, loved ones and, of course, your teams.

Like the Plus-Minus system in Hockey, he's far into the minus rating in my book.

He reminds me of a Phy Ed teacher I had in the 11th grade who was a screamer. I missed one of his classes due to the flu, where he showed this basketball practice routine to everyone. I didn't know it so he took me by my hair through the routine. I then tried it on my own and I missed one stop and he took me by the hair again around course. The top of my head hurt for a week.

A few weeks later I saw him basically beat up this girl who he thought had cigarettes in school.

3 years later I was on leave from the military. The Phy Ed teacher had retired or got fired and was working as a cashier at a dairy store. I came so close to getting physical with him, but figured I didn't want to end up in jail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Services for former First Lady Rosalynn Carter will be tomorrow; she passed away November 19 at 96.

A small excerpt from an article: “A tireless advocate of mental health reform and the destigmatization of mental illness, Rosalynn Carter spent most of her life dedicated to humanitarian efforts, always at the side of her husband of more than 77 years.”

RIP, Mrs. Carter, with condolences to your family, friends and loved ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones