• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flat Earth Believers... I DONT GET IT!!!!

Very good @rootabaga !!!! I concur, I concur…

imagegif_0_24.gif

Reactions: rootabaga
Upvote 0
The carnivore diet is but the latest diet fad being promoted. It's based on pseudoscience and appeal to nature fallacies and it's extremely unhealthy. But since it's not about Covid-19, no source seems to want to ban it for 'misinformation'.

Their diet is nothing but meat. Mostly red meat and organ meat. Shawn Baker is the primary proponent as well as the cronies over at the Weston A Price Foundation (Sally Fallon) as well as the infamous Joe Rogan, and the 'Liver King'

Carnivore Diet = Meat only diet, no vegetables, and taking fiber supplements so they can actually take a crap. Basically a lot like Flat Earth in that it's about opposing government to an extreme, opposing in their case 'Big Broccoli' and relying on myths that LDL cholesterol is 'good' and that obesity is NOT a disease. Takes quite the mental gymnastics.

The fact that doctors are on board (obviously funded by the meat industry) suggests that there is a high demand for 'hearing good news about your bad habits' similar to the infamous '3 out of 5 doctors recommend to smoke Camel Cigarrettes for health' commercials from the late 1950s

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, we are so keen on idiot proofing everything today to where the stupid people breed. Used to be we just let them kill themselves from their own actions.

There used to be consequences if you licked the paint off the walls, then they banned lead-based paint

There used to be consequences if you stood bare foot in water and tried to plug in an extension cord, then they made GFCI's a thing

There used to be consequences if you used a drill improperly and twisted your wrist off, then they made drills have 'stall protection' which reduces the capability of them to drill through some materials properly.

"Stupidity isn't a virus, but it sure spreads like one!"

~Sandy Cheeks, Spongebob Squarepants (Squirrel Jokes)

I'm reminded of the stupidity of McDonald's being sued successfully and forced to put 'Warning: Coffee is hot!' on a cup of coffee because some schmuck put the cup between her legs and inadvertantly squashed it and burned herself. I mean come on, man!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My opinion is that people come to such conclusions because they are poorly educated. If they had studied natural history, physics, and other sciences that explain such things, no one would believe in a flat Earth. There are a lot of poorly educated people on earth right now because of economic reasons. And various charlatans use such topics to profit from naive fools.

Upvote 0
My opinion is that people come to such conclusions because they are poorly educated. If they had studied natural history, physics, and other sciences that explain such things, no one would believe in a flat Earth. There are a lot of poorly educated people on earth right now because of economic reasons. And various charlatans use such topics to profit from naive fools.
I'm never sure whether all of the proponents actually believe it themselves, or whether some are just playing a game.

But the Greeks worked it out about 2,500 years ago, and contrary to popular myth mediaeval people knew perfectly well that the Earth was a sphere. It doesn't require rocket science (in the literal sense of putting things into orbit). To actually believe it now needs more than just a lack of education, it actually requires a "conspiracist" mindset, i.e. the ability to believe that the whole world is part of an incredibly complicated conspiracy to deny something that's quite simple to find out. That's not poor education, it's an active, deliberate denial of things you can easily see yourself if you make the slightest effort (and, ironically, requires far more effort to concoct very complex ideas to explain away the contradiction between the idea of a flat Earth and actual experience - which makes it doubly amusing when its proponents describe it as "common sense").

Upvote 0
The point of Flat Earthers today isn't what you think. While the Flat Earth Society still takes new members and continues to exist, many 'members' just sign up for the lulz, or the card. They want to join not because they honestly believe Earth is flat, but just to be a card-carrying member of any group that attempts to oppose the status quo. Although, if you want my view, being vegan makes far more sense if one wants to oppose the status quo/cultural norms. There's no negatives at least, and you don't come off as a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist. As far as joining for the sake of joining, there was once a person known as the 'First Black Ku Klux Klan member' aka someone who joined the Klan but was black. I don't remember how he pulled it off, but there's a YouTube video about it. He did it not only for the lulz, but to show how ridiculous it was as an organization.

The more scary part is today, there are still folks out there who deny the Holocaust even happened, and some fewer even believe that like with the 9/11 'truth' movement, that Pearl Harbor was never bombed by the Japanese, and that it was done by our own country.

Upvote 0
The 'Society loves to come out of the woodwork during eclipse season, making remarks that a solar eclipse is proof that earth is flat somehow.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones