• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flat Earth Believers... I DONT GET IT!!!!

square globe? ok..
but if it is so... there are 8 corners .. in a square

i think mount Everest is one corner.

Okay genius have you ever heard the term of visiting four corners of the globe? Or maybe you're not old enough to remember terms like that considering that I'm kicking 62 in the balls.

Upvote 0
The expression "travelling the 4 corners of the earth" (not the globe, since a globe is spherical by definition ;) ) comes from days when navigation was done with flat, usually rectangular, maps. If you drew a line from one corner to the other until you connect back to the first corner would draw a box around the whole world, meaning you've been everywhere. You could also have said traveled to the 4 corners, meaning you've just gone someplace very far away. Eventually the phrase was changed to the far corners of the (earth, solar system, galaxy, universe, cosmos).

None of those things have corners .... except the maps.

Upvote 0
square globe? ok..
but if it is so... there are 8 corners .. in a square

i think mount Everest is one corner.

Okay genius have you ever heard the term of visiting four corners of the globe? Or maybe you're not old enough to remember terms like that considering that I'm kicking 62 in the balls.

Umm.. Not really..
4 corners to a (2 dimensional) 'Square' & there's 8 corners to a 'Cube' (3 dimensional).. Just an FYI

the other person said SQUARE .. GLOBE.
that is makes it 3D in any language. = Cube

and of course mr. lunatic59 is correct... 4 corners refers to a map.. which is 2D.

moving forward...
i would like to have a conversation with a flat-earthier ... that is able to have "reasonable" conversation.

see how they line things up

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
That's not where I heard the rainbows come from ... but manes, sure, why not. ;)

FWIW, all the unicorns fell off the edge of the earth.
Which sounds more plausible. A horse with a single horn or a horse with horns and a 40' neck?
giraffes-01.jpg

Upvote 0
Netflix did a documentary on Flat-earthers

i actually watched a documentary!!!! damn!

well.. there are 3 points in the film..
that showed them doing experiments to prove the flat earth!

1st:
a $20,000 gyroscope was denoted to them by one of their members.
if the earth rotates 15% every hour.. 360 degrees / 24 hrs = 15
if left alone.. then the gyro will show a 15% change if the earth is round and rotating.
if flat and stable.. then no change on the gyro.

it showed 15% change. they did not like that.
so came up with theories why .. and tried to correct it.
still 15% change .. every time.
they did NOT accept this.. and did NOT want to publish this info.

2nd:
they got a powerful laser.. to run a straight line over long distance.
at water level... 3 poles .. same X-feet height marked on each pole...poles spaced out..
if flat.. the laser should strike each pole at the same height.
Failed.. could not make lazer beam tight enough at the long distance to use for measurement

3rd:
at the very end of the film..
correction of the 2nd experiment.
using a hole in a walls.
at water level .. at X height.. a camera at the hole at same height..should see straight throw the ...
to see a light shining throw at the same height.
the light had to be raised up a few feet to shine through.
"because of the curve of the earth!"

film ends...
but.. i dont think they accepted it.

lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones