• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flat Earth Believers... I DONT GET IT!!!!

i dont understand.. why flat earthers spend so much money on stupid ways to prove this crap?

building rockets..
expeditions
gyros

why not just carter a plane.. head due west and follow the sun or moon.
24 hr flight... dont let the sun or moon out of your sight.
make sure you dont see any ice covered lands....
then land in the same airport you left 24 hrs later.

done.. round!!!!

if you are delusional to think .. that it was a trick of the instruments.
and you only flew around a big circle .. on a flat earth.

then fly around the edge of Antarctica.
which would be only a few hrs... on a round earth.
but on a flat earth.. it would take more than a day.. because it is the very edge of the big disk!

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
i dont understand.. why flat earthers spend so much money on stupid ways to prove this crap?

building rockets..
expeditions
gyros

why not just carter a plane.. head due west and follow the sun or moon.
24 hr flight... dont let the sun or moon out of your sight.
make sure you dont see any ice covered lands....
then land in the same airport you left 24 hrs later.

done.. round!!!!
Ah, somewhere within the space of flat Earth belief systems there will be someone with an answer to that. There was one guy at a flat Earth conference last year who argued that the Earth was flat but at the edges were higher-dimensional portals so that when you stepped off one side you passed through to the opposite side, meaning you could travel in a straight line, end up back where you started, but the world was still flat...

I really don't know who amongst these people is serious and who is indulging some massive meta joke. But anyone who can come up with stuff like that, or "universal acceleration" to explain gravity, or a conspiracy involving 10s of millions of people who are somehow all able to keep a secret, and claim that this is "simpler" than gravity and a spherical planet, really needs to open a dictionary and look up what the word "simple" means.

Upvote 0
Ah, somewhere within the space of flat Earth belief systems there will be someone with an answer to that. There was one guy at a flat Earth conference last year who argued that the Earth was flat but at the edges were higher-dimensional portals so that when you stepped off one side you passed through to the opposite side, meaning you could travel in a straight line, end up back where you started, but the world was still flat...

I really don't know who amongst these people is serious and who is indulging some massive meta joke. But anyone who can come up with stuff like that, or "universal acceleration" to explain gravity, or a conspiracy involving 10s of millions of people who are somehow all able to keep a secret, and claim that this is "simpler" than gravity and a spherical planet, really needs to open a dictionary and look up what the word "simple" means.
Do these people think Earthrise is a hoax?

Upvote 0
No, they just think they’re looking at one side of a pancake. Of course there may be some crossover to the kooks who think the moon trips and landings were a hoax as well...
I one read a cheaply-printed conspiracy theory magazine that had a two-page article on the evidence that the moon landings were faked, followed by a two page article on the evidence that our governments were in contact with aliens but keeping it from us.

One of the proofs of the aliens conspiracy was that there was no way we could have developed the technology to get to the moon so quickly by ourselves...

Upvote 0
I one read a cheaply-printed conspiracy theory magazine that had a two-page article on the evidence that the moon landings were faked,
You know, I find shit like this so insulting and disrespectful to the brave astronauts who pioneered our space program. What a slap in the face to the three men who burned to death in Apollo 1. I remember that event; it was horrifying.

Do these morons think THAT was faked, too? So Grissom and his pals are actually hanging out with Elvis...somewhere...

They sacrificed their lives so those who followed in their footsteps could successfully land on the moon. I have no tolerance for conspiracy theory loonies who denigrate them by claiming the moon landings were faked. :oops:

Upvote 0
I one read a cheaply-printed conspiracy theory magazine that had a two-page article on the evidence that the moon landings were faked, followed by a two page article on the evidence that our governments were in contact with aliens but keeping it from us.

One of the proofs of the aliens conspiracy was that there was no way we could have developed the technology to get to the moon so quickly by ourselves...

Does that mean Wernher Von Braun was an alien..?? ;)

Upvote 0
ok.. here is something for flat earthers to chew on..

Go-Pro... launched by balloon into space...
no Photoshop.. Raw footage.. 2.5 hrs... up then back down.
look round to me!!!!

at 1.55.45 the balloon is pooped.. and it parachutes down.
soo dam coool

the sound of it coming down.
the first time i watched it... i jumped skipped ahead .. few minutes at a time.
as it got higher.. it got quieter.. then silence..
then i jumped into the first few mins of the downfall.
i did NOT know what the sound was... wind and screeches..
thought it sounded like a person screaming and crying from fear!!!!!
i was .. WTF???

Upvote 0
“Spreading around the Globe...” har, har, har.

The flat-Earth conspiracy is spreading around the globe. Does it hide a darker core?

Small excerpt from the article:
“He has a few things he wants to make clear to a flat-Earth novice. Firstly, and most importantly -- "none of us believe that we're a flying pancake in space." The community merely believes that space does not exist, the world sits still and the moon landing was faked. The jury is out on gravity -- but as Davidson notes, no one has ever seen it.
So they also don't believe in magnetism? In electrons?

Presumably they also don't use GPS or satellite TV, since there is no such thing as a satellite.

And the Sun and Moon do what? If there's no space they emerge from holes in the surrounding ice and then go down another hole and scoot under the Earth to get back to the starting point? And how do they do the "crossing the sky" thing? Pulled by a flying chariot? Painted on a crystal sphere? It's a remarkably complicated and inelegant universe these people imagine.
Secondly -- no, you won't fall off the edge. While flat Earthers' views of the world vary, most believe the planet is a circular disk with Antarctica acting as an ice wall barrier around the edge.“
So those people who have crossed Antarctica were also fakes? Because setting off across the ice on one side and emerging on the other is impossible in this view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apparently some flat-earthers are also grammatically challenged...

81765DA9-01CF-4F4D-9159-BAF3B19D9EDD.jpeg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones