• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy Independence Day

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday. While celebrating with friends and relatives, there is nothing wrong with remembering those that fought for our independence and those that have and are serving to preserve that freedom.

I'm spending the day with my life long friends at my cabin. Grilling out, lots of camaraderie, and enjoying the day. Some alcohol may be involved. :) We'll crash for the night there so there will be no drinking and driving.
Do you have something special planned for the day? For the weekend? Be safe and have fun!

no plans for me. i was going to go and hang out with my friends in vegas, but i have to work tomorrow. so me and my dog will gonna hike this super high hill and watch all of the works on both sides of the hill. should be really cool. not sure how i'm gonna get down the hill.....i guess i should bring a flashlight or something......lol

the cool thing is that my friend who i have not seen in a very long time is coming down for vacation this weekend......so i'm gonna be grilling and drinking with them.

Upvote 0
no plans for me. i was going to go and hang out with my friends in vegas, but i have to work tomorrow. so me and my dog will gonna hike this super high hill and watch all of the works on both sides of the hill. should be really cool. not sure how i'm gonna get down the hill.....i guess i should bring a flashlight or something......lol

the cool thing is that my friend who i have not seen in a very long time is coming down for vacation this weekend......so i'm gonna be grilling and drinking with them.

Outstanding! My father told me years ago.. family you have... friends you earn. I'm glad you are going to see your friend again. Special times.... enjoy!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
i'm debating if i want to grill hotdogs or not for the 4th. i'm craving hotdogs. i'm talking about regular hot dogs like the ones you find at a ball park or stadium and not bratwursts or sausages.

would smoking hotdogs be good?

i kind of want to add grilled vegetables to it as well.....like eggplant or bell peppers. and maybe a red cabbage coleslaw.

Upvote 0
I went to the grocery store of where they where, selling all kinds of carnival food, so we went in after it sprinkled, I hung around with my great time buddies of mine, my sister from another mother, my blood realitive and my brother in law. We went out to the stadium down on campus and listen to some country rock music up there. We stood for a bit, my legs got so tired and numb, I walked around the entire interior of it, just looking around at different people.

The sky was so beautiful at twilight.

The fireworks where outstonishing, we stood for a few minutes in the parking garage of the grocery store.

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_202942500.jpg
    IMG_20190704_202942500.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones