• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2O23

They certainly did! Between capitalizing on the Chiefs' turnovers and absolutely dominating the Chiefs' O line, they earned that game. My hat's off to the Raiders. The Chiefs have some serious problems. I'm not sure what it is but I can't see it getting fixed this season. I love rooting for them but they aren't contenders this year.

Upvote 0
I doubt that boycotting streamed sports will make a difference but it's all that I can do. I will exercise that right and hope over time it will make a difference.

Baseball is a particular raw spot for me. I've followed the Royals for decades. They suck! They will see very little air time and I'm in their blackout footprint. Without paying for a stream I won't be able to follow my team next year. They have lost a 50+ year fan. It breaks my heart.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
the NFL is such a cash cow, it will not matter if people boycott streaming services airing their games. as long as the NFL continues to make money, they will stream more and more. now if they solely rely on streaming and theoir revenue drops, i guarantee you things will change. it is what it is as sucky as that is.

the NFL is such a cash cow, it will not matter if people boycott streaming services airing their games. as long as the NFL continues to make money, they will stream more and more. now if they solely rely on streaming and theoir revenue drops, i guarantee you things will change. it is what it is as sucky as that is.

You are spot on!

I also think these games in other countries is to make the cash cow bigger.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see it changing back either. The genie is out of the bottle and can't be made to return. They can afford to have fewer viewers because they are making more per viewer. It is the way of the future... like it or not.

I received an email from Prime today informing me that starting next month there will be commercials added to their stream. It's kind of the old bait and switch deal. YT.. now prime.. peacock... Pay more and get less.

The party's over.

Upvote 0
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The Steelers, in a must win game today, looked terrible. They started out trying then gave up... or so it seemed. It wasn't nearly in the SD range of 'we ain't playing and you can't make us' bad, but it was extremely ugly. Embarrassing! I hope everyone found something else to watch.

I watched that game and thought the same thing. I thought it was real odd that Trubisky seemed to give up. He was never like that when he played for the Bears.

Then I saw this today and realized there is strife in the Steelers locker room :

Mark Madden: Kenny Pickett ‘refused’ to back up Mason Rudolph vs. Seahawks

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
I think the strife goes deeper than that with the Steelers. That team is playing for Mason like they have never played for Kenny. Mason is playing good ball but it goes deeper than that. The entire demeanor of the team and the intensity they played under Mason is completely different. There is something about Kenny they don't like. I don't know what it is but they team isn't playing for him. And they have never liked Mitch who I'm sure took on a bad attitude when he was going to be there man and then they got Kenny. Don't blame the guy really.

Upvote 0
I think the strife goes deeper than that with the Steelers. That team is playing for Mason like they have never played for Kenny. Mason is playing good ball but it goes deeper than that. The entire demeanor of the team and the intensity they played under Mason is completely different. There is something about Kenny they don't like. I don't know what it is but they team isn't playing for him. And they have never liked Mitch who I'm sure took on a bad attitude when he was going to be there man and then they got Kenny. Don't blame the guy really.

That makes sense

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Big game for the Steelers tomorrow against Ravens January 6, 2024 at 3:30pm on ABC and ESPN
My son is coming over to watch the game. I think 13 out of the 16 games this weekend have playoff implications. Between the do or die teams and the teams resting players, you can bet the games will be crazy!

Upvote 0
A buddy of mine from Minnesota called me and said you aren't going to believe this but I'll be rooting for the Bears Sunday

If The Packer beat the Bears they are in the playoffs, but If the Bears beat the Packers the Vikings have a change of being in the playoffs.

Crazy there are so many playoff implications tomorrow and Sunday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones