• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL 2O23

anybody watching the indy/houston game? boring matchup. both need the jags to loose in order for them to win the afc south division. but it just seems like a boring game. i care for neither of those teams.
I watched the game. I was rooting for the Texans because my son needed them to win in his money pickem league. With the Steelers and the Texans winning he goes into tomorrow's games up 2 on second place. I didn't think the game was boring but I was reading while watching.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
packersuck.png

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I saw the scoop of the playoff games next weekend. If the Bills win tonight they will play the Steelers next Saturday and the Chiefs will host the Dolphins. If the Dolphins win tonight they will play the Bills again next Saturday and the Chiefs will host the Steelers. I'm hoping the Bills win tonight's game. I don't want my two teams to square off. That will just bite beyond belief.

The next real bummer is I've ignored the Peacock entry into the NFL coverage and have missed whatever they offered. It looks to me that they have the rights to one exclusive playoff game this year and it will be the Chiefs' game Saturday night. I'm livid!

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I sweated bullets watching that game. Buffalo won by 7. It was way too close for my comfort. I didn't even give a care who won until I realized the outcome dictated who the Chiefs and Steelers play next week. My son had the Bills picked but he was two games up on second going into tonight's game so it was a non factor. Now to see how deep in my pocket Peacock wants to reach. damn

Upvote 0
Upset... hell yes. I'm a fan and I'm upset. If it were another team playing I'd live without seeing it.
But to miss the team I've rooted for the past 50+ years play is not going to happen. Peacock is only charging six bucks a month for their stream and after subscribing last night, I'd say that is way too much for what they have to offer. They have nothing I care to pay for besides the Chiefs / Dolphins game. I hope that it ultimately costs Peacock millions in boycott NFL fans. I wish I could have refused... I hope everyone refuses to pay the gouge. It is just another NFL game and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Chiefs lose. They play their game of late against the Dolphins and they will be done this year.

The saddest cut of all is that Peacock will likely come out on the winning end of their playoff gamble. If so, next year we'll have more games and playoff games pay per view or must subscribe to view. I see no end to it. Sports fans are hosed from now on. Breaks my heart to see greed eliminate the average man's entertainment.

• Angry
In principal, streaming services target a narrower market and the consumer only has to pay for the entertainment they desire. If that held true, it would be welcomed by consumers. Adding a sport or a game to an unrelated stream forces a fan to pay for programing they have no desire to watch or already have a source in place. There is big money in sports and the fans are the victims of the pay or do without crowd. They are using our love of the sport or team to pay for the sport industry. Without sharing that cost across fans and non fans, the cost to view increases for the smaller audience. Ouch!

On the other hand, if you aren't a sports fan, why should you support the industry? Two sides to the coin and I get it. It will be interesting to see if the splintering of sports viewing will have a negative result on sports moving forward.

Upvote 0
I'm still up in the air on what to do regarding this game( Peacock only ), honestly don't care about either 2 teams, but I guess I could subscribe and than just cancel afterwards :unsure:
I'll be honest, I'd not pay six bucks to watch a streamed NFL game if not for one of the teams being MY team. What a rip! Besides the gouge, the signing up process consumed at least twenty minutes and maybe more of my time. Not that my time is of any value but it left me pissed off. Sign in.. create account, create personal viewer, .. on and on. What a joke for six bucks I didn't want to spend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones