• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

I bought a solar parking lot light for my son's parking area. Made up a tree safe mounting solution using a ratcheting tow strap and a piece of scrap composite decking. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
1710634285204.png

1710634302424.png

1710634345940.png

Upvote 0
I bought a Tempest weather station. Then I thought I'd mount it at the top of our roof so it has accurate wind readings. Once I had the mount assembled and aligned to true north, it dawned on me that we have a 45-degree roof and no way to safely get up there. Plan B is either (a) pay an installer more than the weather station cost to put it up there; or (b) find a place closer to terra firma. I'm heading towards option (b) in a hurry.

Upvote 0
I bought a Tempest weather station. Then I thought I'd mount it at the top of our roof so it has accurate wind readings. Once I had the mount assembled and aligned to true north, it dawned on me that we have a 45-degree roof and no way to safely get up there. Plan B is either (a) pay an installer more than the weather station cost to put it up there; or (b) find a place closer to terra firma. I'm heading towards option (b) in a hurry.
I considered mounting mine to the gable end of my home with an arm that reached out and up so it would be higher than the roof. Above a roof is not a good mounting spot because of the reflected heat. I mounted mine on the purchased arm on the end post of my patio cover. Closer to the ground and accurate enough for me. Besides, I've had to clean the rain cup a few times through the years. A leaf, a bug, once an acorn was impeding the measurements. I'm glad it wasn't on the roof.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I bought a solar parking lot light for my son's parking area. Made up a tree safe mounting solution using a ratcheting tow strap and a piece of scrap composite decking. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
View attachment 172275
View attachment 172276
View attachment 172277
Hopefully it will last all night. A few people, including me, bought an outdoor solar light for our trailer slots in Tennessee. The one I bought at Lowes was suppose to last dusk to dawn. Ended up it last only 4 hours.

Upvote 0
Hopefully it will last all night. A few people, including me, bought an outdoor solar light for our trailer slots in Tennessee. The one I bought at Lowes was suppose to last dusk to dawn. Ended up it last only 4 hours.
I'm hopeful. The motion sensor is pretty good, so it is only on for about 25 seconds after it detects something. It is a lot of light in a small package though, so I get where you are coming from. I hope that because I'm only looking for 5-10 minutes a night it will last.

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
Upvote 0
We all wore matching t-shirts for the last eclipse so I ordered shirts for the family for this eclipse.
images
August 2017 was with my sister's mother in law was with us, was watching that bright day light with special glasses and we were just talking with each other.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Smoking a pipe most of my life, all of my clothes have small holes burnt in them. Now that I no longer smoke, I'm slowly replacing my casual wear. Yesterday I bought a couple pairs of shorts and T-shirts.

I remember looking at a used truck and it had a seat cover. I looked under the seat cover and the guy must have burnt his legs a hundred times. I couldn't believe how many burn marks the seat had

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Those look nice and comfy and great walking and workout shoes.

How do they feel on feet
I love them for just wearing to the gym on weight days and just for casual wear. I do nothing but incline walking at the gym and these were not good for that. The inside back of the shoes have very little padding and I got a bad blister. I wear my OnCloud 5's for my incline walking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones