• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

These things run from $29.99-$39.99 in truck stops, I got them at some hardware store called Menards for $12.00 :thumbsupdroid: :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414_012104_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_012104_Photos.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Incredible story !

I picked the car up and drove it for a week and called the dealer and made an appointment to go pay for it. On the way the car suddenly quit going forward. I called the dealer and he sent a wrecker up for it and the end of the story is the transmission crapped !

Turns out all of the Nissan cars with the cvt transmission have issues at some point in their life.

I have since bought this one, it is a Chevrolet and will not have transmission issues ... (I hope)

Attachments

• tint (1).JPG
    tint (1).JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 11
  • tint (2).JPG
    tint (2).JPG
    57 KB · Views: 5
  • tint (3).JPG
    tint (3).JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know who designed or makes these new 8 & 10 speed transmissions, but many cars are having issues with them. I just saw Ford was having trouble with these new transmissions.

I bought a brand new 2019 Chevrolet Traverse. It had their new 8 or 10 speed transmission. At about 15K miles the transmission started stuttering real bad. The first thing I did was I googled the issue and saw there was a GM service bulletin on it. I took the car in and the dealer fixed it. Then after another 10K miles it happened again. I took it into the dealer. The dealer said the mechanic thinks he fixed it, but he wasn't positive after a test drive. I ended up getting rid of the car.

Now I see this:

Does the 2019 Traverse have transmission problems?

Chevrolet has announced that 194105 vehicles have been affected by a Transmission recall.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I had to buy a new battery for my 36" Grandstand mower yesterday. It had been a bit slow at turning the engine over for a couple of weeks. I have no idea how old the battery was. The metal surround to protect the battery was rusted solid and took considerable effort to free up so the battery could be replaced.

Reactions: joe71 and AugieTN
Upvote 0
I have been working on not buying things I know I have multiple pairs of on the truck. For example I was going to buy deodorant this morning and I knew I already had it, most times I am just to lazy to look for stuff, not today :D :thumbsupdroid:
Least you are carefully budgetting everything, currently down to about a dollar in change hahahaaa... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones