• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tv Box Flexiview FV-1

has october 2011 firmware. not the geman one. should i update it ? anyway i don't want to fiddle with mine too much and will let it go for $75 ypal + $10 shipping. would have to ship right after christmas but works great. there are two usb ports in front and 1 in back the cover for the front usb ports got unclipped off, though it doesn't look bad, or as if anything were missing. you can add another $15 for the sdcard. it should be good quality i paid $45 for that sdcard at CVS. controller in good shape. batteries in place were brand new. pm me if you'd ilke it.

anyone know if the last fimrware on the previously ilsted firmware index page is more current than Oct 2011 non-german ?

thank you

if so i'll flash it to latest.

Upvote 0

Flexiview FV-1 -
Get MORE APPS in the Market!

My FV-1 with the latest October firmware was not able to see many popular apps in the Market. This included apps such as Facebook and Gmail, and many many others.

After performing the following, I have access to these apps in the Market and all is well!

----------------------

Settings -- Applications -- Manage Applications
Choose All
Choose Market
Force Stop
Clear Cache
Back out, choose Google Service Framework
Force Stop
Clear Data
Back out to the homescreen, run the Market (it should fail - that's what we want)
Reboot
Run the Market again (it might fail again - this is OK)
Wait a minute, then Reboot
Wait at least one minute after the system boots up, then retry the Market.

---------------------

Enjoy having access to more apps!!!!

Cheers,

Pez

tried the above but i still get limited apps on Android market....

Need root in order to work?

Upvote 0
tried the above but i still get limited apps on Android market....

Need root in order to work?

Hi
it may be possible to fake the market by changing the build.prop file
you need to have your device rooted but it is so easy on flexiview with z4root !
The lines to change are :
ro.product.model and ro.product.manufacturer
for example you can have HTC Vision for model and HTC for manufacturer
For some devices it is necessary to change the fingerprint

the build.prop file is located in /system

Upvote 0
Hi
it may be possible to fake the market by changing the build.prop file
you need to have your device rooted but it is so easy on flexiview with z4root !
The lines to change are :
ro.product.model and ro.product.manufacturer
for example you can have HTC Vision for model and HTC for manufacturer
For some devices it is necessary to change the fingerprint

the build.prop file is located in /system

Thanks for the info.Can you guide step by step as it would be east for everyone here.

Upvote 0
Hi
Noticed your website only around a week ago.
We've been testing Chinese Settop boxes since July - around 14 of them and counting.
The best so far is the FV1 with the Samsung processor.
We've been in contact with the manufacturer for the last 4 months.
Providing them with streams to test, getting them to install Adobe Flash 10.3 and modify browser to be in Desktop mode rather than Android mode.
They tested the streams on the new FV3 model - but are going to modify the ram and the circuitry to facilitate better performance TV streams.

The new ftp link is - ftp://219.134.95.243,user name: overseas password: overseas
Download user manual, specifications, firmware, upgrading instructions etc.
From the ftp address.

Upvote 0
201110050228.jpg

http://www.artwaytech.com/goodpro.php?id=291

nice but where to buy ?

Got this box from china from direct factory without any brand .Remote is different from the image. Initial reports
The best
1. Plays all the video format with 1080p without any disturbance with very good quality
2. Skype works well with usb camera and mic. (have to do some more research)
3. Sleek design
4. Nice display with smaller icons
5.Android 2.3

The bad
1. Air remote not great (infact very poor )
2. box heats a lot
3. No application backup or restore
4. only 2 usb slots
5. no apps displayed in app market (may be my country problem)

Another thing is the same company manufactures the fv 1 box i will ask the supplier to release the upgrade for fv 1 lets see what they say

Upvote 0
Hello,

I'm playing for some time with the Flexiview box now.
I have realized that many apps are only able to access the files on the SD card, and not on an external USB hard drive.
I was wondering if it would be possible to "cheat" the apps by mounting an external USB hdd in /sdcard ?
It would allow to have a kind of 'virtual' sdcard of nearly unlimited capacity.

Any idea on how to do this ?

Reactions: pezcat19
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones