• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gun violence again...

Kinda like having allergies and your nose keeps running so you cut your nose off to stop it ....

smilewinkgrin

Upvote 0
I think the United States needs to be more like the UK as far as owning and bearing arms.
Now hold on, NRA and others, you have to look at what's happening in the US right now. There's too many thugs and mentally unstable people having access to guns! This is not stopping anytime soon and it'll hit home when a loved one is taken from you because of this crap.
We also need more police presence in the streets, patrolcars and downtown areas.

I'm with you on more Police, Lets go back to the 30's and 40's where the Police actually walked and patrolled the street on foot.

Upvote 0
Without a police presence in the streets and a lack of prosecution to the offenders, we may as well hang it up and lock ourselves in our homes on a daily basis. This is what our United States has become....
Listen, I get it, there's no magic fix and it's not rocket science here, but the justice system and law enforcement needs to be fixed and it needs to be done now.
That's it I'm done.

Reactions: Bearsyzf
Upvote 0
This happened across the street from me :

The xxxxxxxx County Organized Task Force executed a search and arrest warrant for Archie Lewis, 47, Friday at a home in the xxx block of yyyy zzzz

During the search, officers found 423 grams of methamphetamine,

9 grams of fentanyl,
4 pounds of marijuana,
115 grams of Xanax,
6 pounds of synthetic marijuana and THC edibles, officers said.

Packaging materials,

scales,
two pistols,

a shotgun
and more than $1,000 also were seized, officers said.

Lewis was charged with three counts of manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana between 4 ounces and 5 pounds.

He was held on $610,000 in bonds, but has since been released.

And he is out and doing his thing again, take my word for it, I can not help but see what goes on !

This is not part of the school shooting problem but is a problem involving the call for banning guns when guns are obviously not the problem.

Upvote 0
The state I moved to has a very easy concealed carry law. I may go gun. I'm not really into it. My son is. He was out here over Easter and my wife's sister and brother-in-law (big gun people) set up a target against a hill. My son's accuracy is uncanny. (He plays a lot of video games.LOL). He got like 21 out of 25 clay birds with a shotgun.. I got a total of 0 out of 5 so I stopped. I didn't see the point to shooting at the atmosphere! So, yeah, I may look into it.

Upvote 0
Everyone who wants to own a gun should go through, "Shoot, Don't Shoot" training, so everyone can understand how easy it is to make a mistake.

When i went through, "Shoot, Don't Shoot" training, I had a guy running at me full speed, I yelled at him 3 time to stop or I'll shoot. I saw steel coming out of his pocket and I shot. Turns out the the steel coming out of his pocket was a steel case containing a card saying, "I'm Deaf".

Upvote 0
UGGGGG

Another piece of SH!T in Texas just killed 2 and wounded 3 others. he shot them because they complained to him to not to shoot his gun because they had a baby asleep. and guess what kind of gun it was......you guessed it an AR-15 style gun. he killed an 8 year old boy.

and i bet you he bought the gun legally.....being in Texas where getting a gun is so easy.

i guess we are back to living in the WIld Wild West.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone who wants to own a gun should go through, "Shoot, Don't Shoot" training, so everyone can understand how easy it is to make a mistake.

When i went through, "Shoot, Don't Shoot" training, I had a guy running at me full speed, I yelled at him 3 time to stop or I'll shoot. I saw steel coming out of his pocket and I shot. Turns out the the steel coming out of his pocket was a steel case containing a card saying, "I'm Deaf".

That is really good information. I never thought of that. Thank you very much. On another note, my cat is getting on my nerves today. My feeling about her is "Shoot and shoot some more" LOL

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
and i bet you he bought the gun legally.....being in Texas where getting a gun is so easy.

And the inference here is that it is easier to buy a rifle in Texas than any other state ?

Gun purchases are regulated by the Federal Gooberment, state law can not supersede it, IF one state wanted to make easier purchase laws.

You do hold this much disdain for our president, who facilitated a free pass for his son, on who lied on a ATF Form 4473, that would get any normal citizen jail time, eh ?

It just irks me when knee jerk reactions/statements are made with no knowledge of the real facts.

Dumbazz on a show this morning stated we should not be allowed to buy machine guns like the AR15. Go try and but a full auto when you have about a year and a half to jump through all the paperwork rings the goobernment has for buying and owing a full auto AR15.

Oh yeah and about 30,000.00 dollars to invest in one !

/rant

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0

There have been smart guns/pistols for a while. I remember one about 30 yrs ago where you had to wear a ring for the pistol to work. It's a good idea, but I would hate to see a fail when needed.

Upvote 0
And the inference here is that it is easier to buy a rifle in Texas than any other state ?

Gun purchases are regulated by the Federal Gooberment, state law can not supersede it, IF one state wanted to make easier purchase laws.

You do hold this much disdain for our president, who facilitated a free pass for his son, on who lied on a ATF Form 4473, that would get any normal citizen jail time, eh ?

It just irks me when knee jerk reactions/statements are made with no knowledge of the real facts.

Dumbazz on a show this morning stated we should not be allowed to buy machine guns like the AR15. Go try and but a full auto when you have about a year and a half to jump through all the paperwork rings the goobernment has for buying and owing a full auto AR15.

Oh yeah and about 30,000.00 dollars to invest in one !

/rant
seems pretty easy, fill out some forms, provide ID, wait for a background check that is done on the spot and pay the cashier. does not sound like you have to jump thru hoops really.

plus most full auto or semi auto guns you can get under $30K online.....don't know where you got that number from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones