• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gun violence again...

I should mention, I was in the military. I use to go duck, pheasant and turkey hunting. Years ago I was a member of the NRA

I don't know if it's possible with the 2nd amendment, but I think all guns need to be registered like a car, no more private sale loopholes I think all guns need to be secured in a secured gun safe, I think ghost guns need to be banned.

Also, if you watch On Patrol Live on Friday or Saturday night, it seems about half the weapons they find are stolen. That's crazy.

• Love
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I live in Las Vegas and we hold the title for the worst mass shooting in us history it's a title that we hope to hold on to forever. I remember going out that night to get milk and on the radio hearing that there was major police activity on the strip, a shooting had occurred.
By the time I got the milk and started home, local radio stations were reporting all exits leading to the Las Vegas strip were closed down and all traffic was being rerouted away from the area.
I got home the wife was crying uncontrollably her phone was ringing none stop there were non stop texts coming in. It turned out she was friends with one of victims.
What I remember most about the shooting was the whole entire city of Las Vegas felt numb for weeks afterwards.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
I live in Las Vegas and we hold the title for the worst mass shooting in us history it's a title that we hope to hold on to forever. I remember going out that night to get milk and on the radio hearing that there was major police activity on the strip, a shooting had occurred.
By the time I got the milk and started home, local radio stations were reporting all exits leading to the Las Vegas strip were closed down and all traffic was being rerouted away from the area.
I got home the wife was crying uncontrollably her phone was ringing none stop there were non stop texts coming in. It turned out she was friends with one of victims.
What I remember most about the shooting was the whole entire city of Las Vegas felt numb for weeks afterwards.

They later found out he was going to shoot up the Chicago Lollapalozza Music Festival..

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

New In Box Colt M16A2 Model R0977 M4 Carbine (SAFE-SEMI-AUTO) Machine Gun​

Starting Bid

$149,999.99

Bar 30:06 Group industry’s ww2 finned barrel M1928A2​

Starting Bid
$39,875.00

Colt SP1 Machine Gun 1974 20" 5.56 .223 Transferable NFA Silencer Combo​

Starting Bid
$35,000.00

COLT M16A1 Transferrable Machine Gun With AAC MINI4 Suppressor CLEAN!​

Unit Price
$40,000.00

Colt M16A1 Model 613 Factory Original 5.56mm Transferable Machine Gun M16​

Starting Bid
$42,000.00

The ATF takes NFA devices very seriously since these are registered items that require a tax stamp and an approval process. In addition, the penalties for unlawful ownership are very steep, so it should not be surprising that in order to sell them, you have to jump through a number of hoops.

To purchase any semi auto is not an intensive endeavor, but does require honesty, ask Hunter Biden about getting past that.

Gun shows are one place your neighbor can sell his unwanted rifle or pistol to another without the goobernment's nose in the transaction, are you saying we need the goobernment more in our lives to tells us which apples and oranges we can or can not sell privately ?????????

Upvote 0
Odd thing: The state I moved out of is heavy gun control. The state I moved to is not. Mrs and I walked into a DICK'S Sporting Goods, today. GUNS! Long guns and handguns for sale. Right there! It was weirdly different for me. Carry on!
I thought Dick's stopped selling guns. Only relocated states, once, and then I was only 3 months old. Where we are we certainly can't walk in to a store and buy a machine gun, but legal weapons can be bought with the appropriate FEDERAL background checks.
At my age now, I have no desire to buy any more.
Rifle, shotgun, and a small pistol for the home.
9340983f31ce7de6bcc7365e30a39bba--good-people-nd-amendment.jpg

Upvote 0
A few hours up the highway from me, killer had been deported 4 times before shooting up the place :

Oropesa started shooting after a person complained that gunfire coming from his adjacent property, was keeping an infant from sleeping, officials have said.

Upvote 0
A few hours up the highway from me, killer had been deported 4 times before shooting up the place :

Oropesa started shooting after a person complained that gunfire coming from his adjacent property, was keeping an infant from sleeping, officials have said.

Ok, so it appears to say that he was a criminal which had no regard for gun laws?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I live South of Houston Tx, so their tv news channels are my info feeds in the mornings. Everyday there are at least one and this morning there were 3 reported shootings in Houston. EVERYDAY !

They are close to sharing the limelight with Chicago, one of the cities with the most restrictive gun laws in the county and one of the most dangerous cities in the country.

How's that workin of fer yah's Lori ?

Upvote 0
I certainly would not consider allowing a child access to a weapon normal.

This has done much more damage than just the shooting victim.

How does a 12 year old mind deal with the experience of shooting another human being ?

Why would he have such thoughts in the first place ?

What is going to prevent him from doing it again in the future ?

Soo many more questions and yet so many too quick to fault an inanimate object.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones