• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Movies You *Won't* Watch Again ...

Seems like you may have wiped out 2/3 of the movie industry there ;)

Another I can no longer stand is any of the Tremors movies. Here's a surprise: My wife loves those too :rolleyes:
To be fair, she puts those movies on when she is cooking to have background noise and since she has seen them a zillion times she doesn't have to interrupt her food prep to see what's going on

Upvote 0
Another I can no longer stand is any of the Tremors movies. Here's a surprise: My wife loves those too :rolleyes:
To be fair, she puts those movies on when she is cooking to have background noise and since she has seen them a zillion times she doesn't have to interrupt her food prep to see what's going on
Plural? You mean they made more of them?

The first one, or what I'd until 30 seconds ago have just called "the movie", is harmless fun, but it's not a concept that needed sequels. Mind you, when has that ever stopped them...?

Upvote 0
Prometheus and Alien Covenant.

Prometheus did the same thing as Metroid Other M, in that it breaks canon so thoroughly, with the established films (and Alien Isolation), that it cannot sensibly exist in the Alien timeline. But rather than back off and move on, Ridley Scott in his ego had to force it even harder with Covenant. Which only alienates (hah) the existing people that did like the original films. Even Resurrection didn't screw up canon as hard as Prometheus and Covenant did. And made me appreciate how well done Isolation was, as a game in the Alien timeline.

Upvote 0
I wonder how much artistic license Mr Scott actually has in the production of these films. Ultimately the studios are putting up the money, and I would think they get a very large say of what ultimately gets made.
I had high hopes for Covenant. There was a whole big story behind the Engineer race. Questions raised in Prometheus (which I didn't think was a bad film), weren't answered. I may have missed something, but was the ending ever explained, in terms of what the Engineer was trying to do?
Instead, we got a tedious sequence of gore, that we'd seen many times before.

Upvote 0
Plural? You mean they made more of them?

The first one, or what I'd until 30 seconds ago have just called "the movie", is harmless fun, but it's not a concept that needed sequels. Mind you, when has that ever stopped them...?

Can't remember for sure but I think there was 4 of them. I agree about the first one but after that... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I found The Towering Inferno to actually be much more believable than Skycraper.

Note to self: Avoid movies by Legendary Entertainment.
I agree 100 percent. Skyscraper went into the fairytale land right at the beginning. Not only could we tell the plot right away and know what happens next before it does, you can tell they tried too hard to make different from Infernobtobthe point that i was yawning first 15 min

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
interesting..

Skyscraper.. even though it was NOT a great movie.. but it was entertaining.
i would watch again.. if i was bored...

Legendary Entertainment... i like most their action movies. It fits in with what i want in an action movie.
of course you have to suspend a lot of realistic issues.

most horror movies.. i will not watch twice. not because it is scary .. because it does not scary me and plots suck.

Upvote 0
:thumbsdowndroid:

p2537399580.jpg

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
Predator vs. Predator?

11ft tall Predator and Predator dogs. Its English title is "The Predator", even though there's more than one.. Saw it in the local Imax cinema in 3D and Dolby Atmos, won't bother watching it again on the small screen at home. The first Predator movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger was great, all the sequels...meh!..including the "Alien" ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
interesting..

Skyscraper.. even though it was NOT a great movie.. but it was entertaining.
i would watch again.. if i was bored...

Legendary Entertainment
... i like most their action movies. It fits in with what i want in an action movie.
of course you have to suspend a lot of realistic issues.

most horror movies.. i will not watch twice. not because it is scary .. because it does not scary me and plots suck.

That reminds me of another one I saw in the cinema a couple of months ago, but won't want to watch again at home, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones