• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Movies You *Won't* Watch Again ...

CLUNKER ALERT:

“Trauma Center” is a festering, stinking cesspool of … well, what you find in cesspools. ;)

Bruce Willis certainly doesn’t need the money, so I figure he must have owed somebody connected with the film a HUGE favor. Worst role I’ve ever seen him in…it’s the kind of movie and role for which I’d think of Steven Seagal. ;) (Yes, that’s how bad it is…)

The only redeeming feature is that it’s only 90 minutes long.

You’re welcome! :D

I watched it, and was very impressed by how the bullet moved around her leg, and occasionally changed leg as well, from left to right. Also I'm not surprised they had difficulty, with most of the action on the 7th floor in a 4 floor building, and 10/10 for impossible uses of a defibrillator. :)

There's another Bruce Willis clunker, "Hard Kill", that was made after "Trauma Center"

Enjoy!!

Presumably Bruce Willis can't get into the big budget blockbuster movies these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
The new Puss and Boots movie, we walked into it way too late, saw the ending and end credits, people just spoke over the entire movie, checking cell phones the works. Still for the second time around, we just watched the middle and saw the end credits, it was a bit scary for younger eyes as well. Even I have to rewatch all the movies to just see what was going on in this movie. Just gut aweful.

Upvote 0
I'll probably get laughed at but...

"The Yearling (1942)"

The movie cover had my innocent deer loving mind smitten, but I found out it's just Old Yeller for deer lovers. It ends exactly the same way but worse since it's not the mercy killing that Old Yeller got (he was rabid) but more like "Your fawn is so annoying that mom shot him but didn't kill him so now the boy has to shoot him twice more" ending. I was mortified, angry, and so upset that I busted the VHS....Yea I paid the rental store the hefty fee but they got an earful of review.

Another one was called "Red Dawn". I never understood that movie. I never got past the halfway mark. Nothing about it made any sense, from the plot to the whole story. It was intentionally meant to depress you. I never in my right mind figured a movie from 1986 starring Charlie Sheen would be so dark. It gets worse as you watch it, making even less and less sense and I just noped right out. It busted the myth of 'all 80's movies are great' that I once believed in.

The only reference that comes to mind when I hear "Cats" was the broadway musical. I'm ancient....

Upvote 0
The only reference that comes to mind when I hear "Cats" was the broadway musical. I'm ancient....

I'm ancient. I saw the original London, West End production of Cats in 1981. :) Plus I saw it on tour as well in 2000.

That's why when I saw the movie recently, I'm like WTF! is this? They should have either done it in costume and make-up with NO CGI, as per the stage musical, or gone the whole hog and made a Pixar style animated version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so it's related and worse, one of many of the 'nobody asked for this' reboots? Why even make a movie adaptation of a musical anyway? It doesn't work. Especially today.

Yeah, that's what it is. A CGI'd chimera travesty of the original stage musical. I believe it bombed at the box-office, as apparently nobody else liked it either.

Back in the 80s and 90s I saw several stage musicals with my mum in London's West End, because that's what she loved. Shows like Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Evita, and Cats. And I've never been impressed by the movie adaptions of them, especially Cats.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The odd theme lately is a lot of 'reboots' bomb from user reviews at Rotten Tomatoes but the critic score is always 98%+. What on earth are they smoking?!

I like to believe that Knight Rider 2008 was a bad dream and never really happened.

Marvel is a mess. They've recently started ret-conning female leads for male roles. Also, Ghostbusters and many DC properties (Batwoman)...Didn't feminism already win during the ERA and Rosie the Riveter era? I thought it was about equal rights, not the Egyptian style where women are superior to men...Queen Cleopatra was pretty ruthless in ancient Egypt.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
Yeah I am starting to wonder, how come half my DVD collection, I will never watch again?
Having a DVD collection is like having a VHS tape collection. Sooner or later DVDs will be replaced with something else, like a credit card with a chip in it to watch a movie :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Having a DVD collection is like having a VHS tape collection. Sooner or later DVDs will be replaced with something else, like a credit card with a chip in it to watch a movie :ROFLMAO:
Play nice okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkayyyyyyy :p I maybe 44, but do not call me "old timer"LOL

• Haha
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Don't knock physical media. No internet needed, zero buffering or app updates needed, no subscription $$, no edited or 'censored' content, no compression artifacts, and best of all, no vanishing library. I seriously grew tired of having never been able to finish most of the shows I started watching on Netflix. Worse yet, a ton of obscure content I love isn't available on streaming, such as Operation Petticoat, Petticoat Junction, Designing Women, and the first two seasons of Lexx

I have a VHS, DVD, blu-ray, 8-track, vinyl, cassette and CD library, all stored in period correct cabinets, as well as the period correct equipment to view it all on/listen to it on. There's tons of great songs for example that are unobtainium on anything after 8-track, including unedited songs from the Pink Floyd Animals album.

I'm only 43. My love of the '70s comes from my great grandparents. Their home was a time capsule up to that point and it was great fun. I was raised knowing how to repair stuff too. I'm likely the youngest who still knows what a 3BA6 is. I'm not old I just love living like it. It's unique and I get enjoyment out of it. I hope my home also becomes a time capsule from the years 1968 to 2014.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't knock physical media. No internet needed, zero buffering or app updates needed, no subscription $$, no edited or 'censored' content, no compression artifacts, and best of all, no vanishing library. I seriously grew tired of having never been able to finish most of the shows I started watching on Netflix. Worse yet, a ton of obscure content I love isn't available on streaming, such as Operation Petticoat, Petticoat Junction, Designing Women, and the first two seasons of Lexx

I have a VHS, DVD, blu-ray, 8-track, vinyl, cassette and CD library, all stored in period correct cabinets, as well as the period correct equipment to view it all on/listen to it on. There's tons of great songs for example that are unobtainium on anything after 8-track, including unedited songs from the Pink Floyd Animals album.

I'm only 43. My love of the '70s comes from my great grandparents. Their home was a time capsule up to that point and it was great fun. I was raised knowing how to repair stuff too. I'm likely the youngest who still knows what a 3BA6 is. I'm not old I just love living like it. It's unique and I get enjoyment out of it. I hope my home also becomes a time capsule from the years 1968 to 2014.
I am either stuck in the present, or past, wereas something always holds me back of the future either, still I just turned 44 sometime ago, and yes, it can gnaw it up throughout time reading up and base over and throughout several lines of dictation given, and then take it down, yeah... Really seventies, that is where your soul lain?

Mine is either stuck in time, just there is no time like a gift or present.

Upvote 0
The '70s were full of earth tones, wood grain, avacado and harvest gold appliances, lovely John Denver and Carpenter's songs, and that just goes so well with someone like myself who loves deer, the forest, and cabins.

Then there's unique tech like flip clocks and those 'fake digital' clocks like the Lumitime:

b4b040dd8b7c5e546c54b64acc60c83f-2454739802.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OT:
How about edited songs from the Michael Jackson Thriller album? Like P.Y.T.(Pretty Young Thing) faded early and chopped in half. As well as the song running order changed from the LP, cassette, and CD versions. NOT as the artist intended it to be listened to.

thriller8.jpg

8-track could be notorious for edited and chopped songs, and changed running orders, mainly because of limitations/features of the media. Fortunately it was not so much of a thing in the UK, unlike records("vinyls") and cassettes. And I've certainly got no love for 8-track, and no desire to use it ever again.

As for Pink Floyd Animals on 8-track, I see Dogs was edited, faded early, and chopped in half. And why does it end with Sheep, and not Pigs On The Wing 2? :thumbsdowndroid:

tumblr_mzqn1n1WLu1s7osn1o1_1280.jpg

I can still remember our neighbour had the soundtrack of Paint Your Wagon on 8-track, and the thing going "I was born under a <CLUNK!!!> wandering star". as the thing did a track change half way through the main song.

IMO the 8-track(Learjet Stereo-8 Cartridge) should be consigned to history, along with things like Tiger Electronics' Hit Clips,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh god the Columbia TC-8 carts. I hate those things. Guaranteed to break at the splice or be unspooled while other wise playing. Lost a great Glen Campbell one that way. Now I just get TC-8s for parts.

TC-8s were later releases made in the early 1980s and made extremely cheap. Often a lot of old albums got re-released on them.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Oh god the Columbia TC-8 carts. I hate those things. Guaranteed to break at the splice or be unspooled while other wise playing. Lost a great Glen Campbell one that way. Now I just get TC-8s for parts.

TC-8s were later releases made in the early 1980s and made extremely cheap. Often a lot of old albums got re-released on them.

According to Discogs, that's how many Pink Floyd 8-tracks were originally released in the US, on Columbia TC-8, including Wish You Were Here(1975), all with edited and split tracks. In the UK, they're were on EMI Harvest 8-tracks.

I think many 8-tracks now have problems with foil splices coming unstuck, seen as a majority of them are over 50 years old now. Can be similar with old cassettes, again with splices coming unstuck and the tape separating from the leader. Rubber pinch rollers deomposing to black goo is another common problem with some ones.

Bill Lear originally intended the format to provide BGM on his private jets. and was NOT really suited for 70s progressive rock, with its lengthy and continuous no-gap tracks. Artists like Pink Floyd, Yes, Moody Blues, King Crimson, Soft Machine, etc. recorded and made their songs to fit on LP records, e.g. Dark Side Of The Moon.

Where I am now, 8-track was never a thing, so I'm never likely to see an 8-track cart or player.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones