• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rename AndroidForums.com to Daily.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
    Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Let's face it: the height of Android excitement is behind us. The smartphone market has matured. New Android announcements just don't hit like they used to... and that's okay. Android will always have a special place in our heart, but as technology enthusiasts, we want and need more.

I'm proposing that we rename Android Forums to The Daily Net, reincarnating our beloved site into a broader community for Tech Enthusiasts. The Daily Net sounds somewhat like an official news source, and that's great- "citizen journalism" on social media platforms like Twitter and Reddit have become the world's most valuable and popular source of content.

"The" is us, as a community, driving the conversation conversation.
    "Daily" suggests there's always a reason to come back and see What's New.
    "Net" gives a tech-centric community network vibe.

We'll still need to figure out how to organize the site and prioritize tech help and support, something on which we've historically thrived.

Desperately want to keep Android Forums? Let me know!
    Have your own idea for a new name? Submit it as a suggestion!

Upvote 0
    My posts kept instantly disappearing shortly after I made them. No warning, no PM, no error. I made another thread asking why my posts weren't sticking, then got insta banned. I never did figure out why.
    That's what I really hate: Lack of communication! What separates man from animals is our ability to communicate, our ability to use language. When those mods in that form refused to use their words, when they refused to tell you what grievance they had with you (let alone try to talk things out): They were lowering themselves to the level of animals.

Upvote 0
    The only thing that will change is the name. All the old links will still work. For example, if you went to the link of this current thread:

You would automatically be forwarded to the new URL at:

Reactions: Dannydet
    Upvote 0
    Twitter.com changing to X.com and ditching blue bird:

Is Android Forums to Daily Net crazier than that?

Sometimes ya gotta reinvent yourself.
    Yes. Social media by another name is still social media. Your proposal is a radical departure from this forum's current status as an Android forum!

Upvote 0
    Let's see where things stand:

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones