• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Baseball 2024

It will be interesting to watch how the best team in baseball on paper survives the season. I wish I could be a fan of the Dodgers but they are like the new Yanks to me. The best money can buy.
yeah I get it. it is why I hate the George Steinbrenner's Yanks.....I still hate them.....lol

but money cannot buy championships. it is so hard to win the World Series these days. i'm sure we will win the division. but the bigger question will be who will show up in the playoffs.

Upvote 0
The Yanks have proven that money doesn't always buy championships. It's impossible to win it all without getting to the series. The Dodgers have spent the money to get there. It will be crazy if they don't make it. Winning it all is tough for any team. No matter what.. it should prove to be a fun watch.

Upvote 0
The Royals hosted the Twins again yesterday and they weren't deemed entertaining enough to make the plex. At least I could tune to their game and watched them actually win for a change. I enjoy watching all the games so watching a single game seems a bit slow paced. It was still fun to actually see some decent pitching and our bats come to life.

Upvote 0
I'm not surprised at the rejection of the tax increase. I think it was partly due to tight budget in this high level of inflation. I think the citizens of Jackson County were opposed to have the Royals relocate downtown. I understand that most large city core areas are somewhat dying but building a new stadium there for a losing franchise is a very questionable means of revitalizing the area.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones