• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IMPORTANT: HUGE update to AndroidForums.com

Possible bug, the mini avatar that appears when you reply to a thread might not be showing up on threads created from the app.

It does not show up when you list the new "area".
... and ...
It does not show up in a "new posts" listing.

When I come into Android Forums each time I list the unread posts that I follow. The first thing I then do is to scan for any that I have responded to. This is not currently possible.

... Thom

Reactions: kate
Upvote 0
...but, help me out, what is 'gronk' lol.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gronk'd

Refers to this idiot.
tumblr_lrqx5snRzC1qclcbeo1_400.jpg

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Posts won't use your real name though - and no one sees that but you, right?
So long as I don't post screenshots. That's probably more of a staff concern, but something to think about from a privacy standpoint. I'd like to see it display my username personally.

Upvote 0
The second issue (blacked out) is that my name appears instead of my username.
View attachment 116323

No one but me and anyone else who happens to glance at my screen.

It should be the site name (like Thom) and not a given name. An alternative would be to exclude the name entirely ... I know who I am.

... Thom

But, I do agree it should show what our chosen username is on the site.

Agreed. Username, not real name on screen

Reactions: mikedt and Thom
Upvote 0
How does AF actually get and show one's real name? My username is "mikedt", and that's it I think. I've never put my full real name into my profile details AFAIK.
My real name is associated with the gmail account I registered with, so when they linked the two for the app they got it from my google profile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones