• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
There's less on the main forums page and it's too condensed. i used to scan for new replies/posts from the front page now it's two or three extra clicks to get into nested menus. Like now it's two extra clicks to see what's new in Android Lounge or whatever it changed its name to.

whatever happened to 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it?' heck, Buggies gone Wild, a golf car forum, has not changed at all since 2009, still running on vbulletin. far from dead..

the curmudgeon in me is hating all this change for change's sake. by all means change the name, but don't make me relearn the layout over and over again! I hated it in the Jelly Bean era when Google would 'move the cheese' in all of their apps. took forever to get used to 'swiping away' the playing video in youtube instead of just going back.

Take a lesson from the almost-bankruptcy that New Coke almost did to Coca Cola. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, after all.

Seriously why is android lounge now two extra steps? why not have it on the front page? tech lounge just has android lounge in it by itself; the same lame concept of my grandmother having 'new folder/new folder (2)/pictures' on her laptop.

Last edited:
Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
'new folder/new folder (2)/pictures' on her laptop.

LOL, I was cleaning up a machine for an ole boy one day and I emptied the trash can. He started freakin out and when I asked him what was wrong he says, "I had several things in there I was keeping !"

Another good one, I went to work at a place that had a employee machine and one of the ole boys there was looking up plane tickets for a vacation he was gonna take. At the bottom of the screen were all the open windows he had going on, 21 of them most of them the same site and information. I could not get him to under stand that he could close one after looking at it, and only needed one of each open to compare prices ....

laughinghard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones